Microwave Chocolate Fudge ~ Ultimate Travel delight!

>>  Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pin It

For the final day of travel food, I wanted to share the most delicious treat one can think about! The Ultimate Chocolate! Can you imagine the excitement this created at home, when I was making this? Since I always have Konda complaining that I hardly let her do the actual cooking, I decided I would let her do this. She was helping with clicking the pictures and then helped in stirring this.

I guess I made a judgemental error in the final touch up as she was slow in doing that. The butter should not actually get cooked, however even if it is not cooked, one should be very quick to stir it. After setting the butter was seen on top. Not that it ever mattered to my kids or others who ate this. There is nothing more tempting a soul than a stirring the molten glossy chocolate! And Konda was going aww, ohhh with every stir. I was sure if I wasn't around, she might have licked it right away, never bothering to set it. 
I made this quite late at night and set it in fridge. I wanted to make sure I sliced into little moulds and click pictures before it was attacked. These reminded me of those homemade chocolates one gets in Ooty and Kodaikanal. Those tastes so good with loads of nuts and so very chocolaty.

During our tours, it mostly were savory snacks that Amma would pack. However if she plans to carry sweets, she used to make Coconut BarfiKajas. For a change, with changing times, these delicious chocolate fudge makes the perfect treat when you are travelling. Especially now that we hardly travel by train and it's mostly road journeys, with me solely incharge of giving the snacks. I have a big program all planned, with cups, covers and what not. We try to keep the kids occupied by non stop snacks being passed on every now and then.

Nothing interests them more than chocolates, of course. And these were such delicious ones. You must try for sure.

Other Chocolate dishes that you can try:
















Microwave Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients Needed:

Chocolate Compound - 200 gms
Dark chocolate, roughly chopped - 100 gms
Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
Butter - 2 tsp

How to make MW Dark Chocolate Fudge

Line a  8×8 inch  square dish with baking paper and keep it aside.

In a MW safe bowl, take the roughly chopped chocolates and MW for a minute. Remove and whisk well.

Add the condensed milk, butter and again MW for 30 secs. Whisk and quickly MW again for 30 secs.

Don't let it get cooked. The mixture comes together when you whisk it well.

Immediately pour into the prepared tray and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon and put it in the fridge for a few hours to set.

When set, cut into cubes and enjoy!


Notes
Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 month. Do not freeze.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36


11 comments :

Ramya Krishnamurthy January 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM  

Yummy want to grab from screen.perfect travel recipes aks

Priya Srinivasan January 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM  

you are tempting me with these cute fudges!!!! Looks so yum and yeah the joy, chocolates bring on a kids face, priceless!!!!

Pavani N January 6, 2014 at 9:09 AM  

That chocolate fudge looks super tempting and making in the microwave makes it quick and easy to prepare too. Konda is sure a big help for you in the kitchen, budding chef in the making :-)

Sreevalli E January 7, 2014 at 3:17 AM  

So Tempting & looks super delicious..

Saraswathi Tharagaram January 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM  

Yummy, Wish I lived near by you. This is something which satisfies the craving :)

Chef Mireille January 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM  

OMG - that looks heavenly and even better that you whipped it up so quickly

Varadas Kitchen January 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM  

That is a great recipe. Looks delicious!

Sapana Behl January 9, 2014 at 5:08 PM  

Wow ! Those fudge looks so tasty , my daughter is seeing those pictures and asked to make it for her right now...

Suma Gandlur January 11, 2014 at 1:30 AM  

Yummy. I would have sent my daughter to join yours' while preparing this fudge. :)She loves it.

Harini-Jaya R January 11, 2014 at 7:31 AM  

Looks sinful, Valli.

Briju Parthasarathy January 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM  

Yummy recipe, feel to grab one and indulge in the sinfully delicious fudge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP