Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Step by Step Recipe

>>  Friday, January 10, 2014

Pin It

We are starting the second week of Blogging Marathon and I will be 3 different cookies this week. First I decided to try these dilicious chewy choco chip cookies that I remember from my trip to SFA. When I visited SFA for BlogHer Conference, we got opportunity to meet some of the brand representatives and we got into interesting discussions. Most whom I met, were so impressed that I traveled that far just for the conference and were wanting to know more about India and the food scene etc. Almost all of them were so interested in Indian food.

So after meeting and knowing that I was from India, I was always given extra goodies to take home. So I ended up with huge bags of choco chip cookies of different toppings etc. Infact when I was repacking, I had to leave some behind as I didn't have enough baggage space to lug everything back with me. Back home, everybody simply loved those chewy, buttery choco chip chips. I had one right away and only after a bite I realized it had eggs in it. So that bite was all I had and knew it tasted very good. 
When kids were planning to visit their cousins during Christmas hols, I was planning on baking some cookies for them. I happen to chat with Daddy and he remembered those cookies I got from US. He was saying those cookies were so fine and delicious. That struck me that I am yet to make something similar and decided to make these eggless at home. 

These cookies really turned out excellent and everybody who had the time I got, commented these were delicious with just the right chewy texture and choco chips for every bite!

Other Chocolate Cookies:

Double Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Microwave Eggless Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Piped Cookie
Vegan Whole Wheat Cookies
Eggless Chocolate Butter Cookies

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies with Yogurt and Brown Sugar
Eggless Chocolate Melting Moments 
Nutella and Dark Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Butter Cookies














Eggless Choco Chip Cookies

Prep Time: 10 mins
Baking time: 20 - 25 mins
Makes: 20 medium size cookies

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Butter, soft unsalted - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1 - 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence few drops

How to bake Eggless Choco Chip Cookies

In a wide bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and powder together two times.

Cream the sugar and butter till it turns creamy. This takes about 6 -7 mins.

Add vanilla essence, choco chips, mix well. At this stage it almost blends together.

Add just about a teaspoon of milk for the batter to bind. Gather to make a stiff dough. Divide into small balls.

Pre heat the oven at 200 C. and bake for at 185 C for 20 - 22 mins

Grease a baking tray or line with baking paper. Flatten the balls on the baking tray with enough space in between as these cookies will surely spread. Mine got baked by 20 mins, it had the right chewy texture.

I kept it for couple of minutes more just for it to turn crispy.

Cool and store in air tight container

Notes

These cookies become huge, so you got to be sure of the size you want when divide them.

Make sure to check after the 15th or 16th minute to ensure the cookies don't get overcooked.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 36


13 comments :

Ramya Krishnamurthy January 10, 2014 at 5:32 AM  

We are proud that u enjoyed the whole conference there

Nivedhanams Sowmya January 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM  

cookies are so delicious!!!

nandoos Kitchen January 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM  

Very glad to hear that you enjoyed the conference and wonderful cookies.

Jayashree January 10, 2014 at 5:49 PM  

I use a similar recipe too, for choco chip cookies. Looks yum, Valli.

Manjula Bharath January 10, 2014 at 7:47 PM  

very very delicious and yummy choco chips cookies :) lovely recipe !!

Suma Gandlur January 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM  

I think these are hit with anyone who love chocolate and I saw your long list of chocolate based cookies. have to check them out ltaer. :)

Varadas Kitchen January 11, 2014 at 6:42 AM  

The cookies look delicious!

Harini-Jaya R January 11, 2014 at 7:28 AM  

Good one. My older one has begun to try her hand at baking and she baked these the other day. She simply loves these..

Chef Mireille January 13, 2014 at 7:04 AM  

cookies look fab

Nalini's Kitchen January 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM  

Delicious looking cookies..

Pavani N January 20, 2014 at 3:22 AM  

Kids and adults love these delicious and addictive cookies. Yours came out crispy and look perfect.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM  

Never no to chocolate chip cookies! Looks really good...

Vaishnavi March 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM  

Dear Srivalli,

I have tried this recipe a few times now and they have always come out very tasty. I have tried adding chocolate orange to this (along with orange extract) and it came out very well too. I am sure we can try lots of variations (like rose, lavender, elaichi, nuts, etc) and this recipe will work with those too!

Thanks for the good recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP