Roasted Garlic, Onion Pan Pizza

We are starting the final week of the Blogging Marathon 35th Edition. This weeks makes it extra special with it being the last week of the month and year and featuring my most favorite dish, Pizzas. I think anybody who knows me, will know my penchant for Pizzas. I almost have a bottomless tummy for a pizza, seriously!

When I decided to Pizzas as the theme, I was so excited about the whole process of making pizzas again. As I seem to have said so many times already, I started my cooking with baking pizzas and I don't think I can ever forget the taste or the reactions I used to get from whoever tasted my homemade pizzas. It used to be so delicious, if I may say so myself.

Those were the times when Pizza Hut was entering into market and my inspiration was that outlet of course. then came a time when we used to order from all possible pizza outlet to compare how Paneer Tikka Pizza would taste. Just like my liking to Paneer Butter Masala and trying it in every place I eat, I used to order only Indian Style Paneer tikka Pizza. And I couldn't stop from making it myself in later days.

Some editions back for a different theme, though I always had Pizza in mind, I had made it again after many years, specially for the blog. Now this theme lets me indulge in my favorite treat all over again. I planned on making the pizzas during the weekend as weekends seem to have become my only day in cooking up the entire list of dishes for the whole week.

I almost thought I may not make it. However last week, by sheer perseverance I followed it up to make the pizza from scratch. Though I am all for instant gratification, nothing beats a homemade pizza that can hit your senses and leaves you with a sublime state of elevated satisfaction. The feeling is simply beyond words can explain. 

What's ever more gratifying is, when your kid love it as you do. In my case I have Konda and Peddu equally showing interest for a pizza. So even if Hubby dear will not give a second note to this, strongly accompanied by Chinnu, I have strong support from Konda and Peddu. Konda has simply loved this and I couldn't even comprehend how quickly this disappeared.

So for the next three days you will find me raving about a dish that's so close to heart and me getting all nostalgic, apt with the year ending and ever chill time, that this dish never lets you chill down.






Roasted Garlic, Onion Pan Pizza

Ingredients Needed:

For the Pizza Base:

All purpose flour - 1 & 1/2 cups
Yeast - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Warm Water - 1/2 cup
Olive Oil - 3 - 4 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Water for kneading

For the topping

Garlic - 5 -6 cloves
Onions - 1 big
Salt to taste
Tomato sauce - 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
Oregano - 2 tsp
Olive Oil -2 tsp
Tomato - 1 big
Mozzarella Cheese - 1/2 cup
Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup

How to make the Pizza

For the Base

Proof the yeast with sugar and warm water, covered with a lid for 10 mins, till it froths. If the frothing is not visible, the yeast needs to be discarded.

In a bowl, mix with a cup of flour, salt, butter, mix well. Then add the yeast and knead well. Slowly add the olive oil,  and knead till everything is in incorporated.

Cover with a lid and let it rest for 45 mins.

For the topping:

Heat a non stick pan with olive oil, add finely minced garlic, onions julienne, saute well. Add the tomato sauce, sprinkle red chili flakes, salt. Adjust spice and keep it aside.

For the Second rise

Check after 45 mins, to see if the dough has risen double it's original size. Punch it down, knead again.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C.

Dust the rolling board, roll out the dough.

In a greased baking pan, press down the rolled disc. top with grated cheese, roasted toppings, oregano and red chili flakes.

Finally do another topping with Cheese. Drizzle with olive oil on top. Please seasoned tomato slices on top and bake at 185 C for 15 mins.


Notes:

The base is rolled quite thick and with extra olive oil, the base is thick and spongy with olive oil.

The roasted garlic and onions with oregano and chili flakes gives a delicious treat.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35

Labels: , , , , , , ,