badge


Muffin Deep Pan Pizza with Roasted Bell Peppers

>>  Wednesday, December 25, 2013

As I was saying yesterday, let me talk about Pizzas and I might never stop. So much so that my colleagues think that no matter what time it is, I will be always ready for a pizza outing. I was so much into this that I actually went alone once for lunch to Pizza hut because there wasn't anybody to accompany me and I felt very odd to invite somebody who might not actually share my love for this.

So when I was thinking what to make next, infact I have couple of multigrain pizza base and few other ideas as well. However the first two dishes were done last week and I was thinking that I might actually not be able to make the final one. However I managed to do this and was so happy that I did.

I decided I was going to do muffin pan pizza. Next question was of course, what should be the topping. I have done almost everything already! I decided to ask Amma, if she has any ideas or any other vegetable that I didn't have. Bingo! She said she has all the tricolour bell peppers with her. I was so happy that she had. I am not sure what she actually got them for. However I was elated.
So it was decided it was going to be roasted bell peppers. I finally realized what actually gives in that divine, soul stirring aroma that sneaks out when a pizza is getting baked. It's bell peppers! with olive oil and oregano!

I mostly always have something or the other mixed up with these vegetables. This was the first time I was using just these. Let me tell you, you must try this topping, it's absolutely lip smacking! Whoever tasted this, went gaga over it. Konda, who was supposed to have chicken for her dinner, refused and opted for another serving. This was supposed to have been our dinner for us vegetarians. Imagine the non veg, actually opted out not having that and polished off this!

These make a great party food and what not. You can literally see this disappearing!

















Muffin Pan Pizza with Roasted Bell Peppers

Ingredients Needed:

For the Pizza Base:

All purpose flour - 1 & 1/2 cup
Instant Yeast - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Warm water - 1/2 cup
Water for kneading as required

For the topping

Tri colour bell peppers - 1 cup
Onions - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 3 -4 cloves
Butter - 1 tsp
Chili flakes - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
Hot Chili Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp

Olive Oil - 3 -4 tsp for drizzling
Mozzarella Cheese  - 1/2 cup
Cheddar Cheese - 1/2 cup
Oregano for sprinkling

Proofing and bread raising - 2 hrs
Prep for topping - 10 mins
Baking Time - 20 mins

How to make the Muffin Pan Pizza

To make the base

Proof the yeast by adding warm water, sugar to the instant yeast, keep it covered aside for 10 mins. It will froth up.

In a bowl, take the flour, add the yeast, salt and enough water to knead to a soft dough. Keep it covered and let it rise. It takes about 2 hrs in this current weather.

Once the dough doubles its quantity, punch it again and mix in olive oil and let it rise again.

For making the topping

Heat a non stick pan with butter, add finely minced garlic, then onions, finally all the bell peppers, chopped as juliennes.

Toss around for 5 - 7 mins on high, sprinkle the chili flakes, then finally add a pinch of salt and the sauces. Combine everything well. Switch off and keep it aside.

To make the muffin pan pizza.

Knead the dough again, dust the rolling board and pinch out big balls. With a cookie cutter cut out dough that will fit your muffin pan.

Grease the muffin pan with butter and place the mini dough, making sure it fills up to the top. The dough has to be little thick as you will end up stretching the dough to fit the muffin pan.

Drizzle the dough with olive oil. Add grated cheese to the bottom. Now place a teaspoon of the stuffing inside, finally top it again with grated cheese.

Now sprinkle oregano, olive oil and bake at pre heated oven at 185 C for 15 - 20 mins.

After 15 mins, I took the pan out and again drizzled olive oil on top. And baked for another 5 mins.


Notes:

Since this needs to be deep pan pizza types, adding enough olive oil will bring the effect.

The outer part doesn't actually get browned as you might assume. However the bread ends up being very soft and well cooked.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35


10 comments :

Priya Srinivasan December 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

Ohh Loving these cute pizza's!!!! Easy to pick it up and eat!!! Perfect party-pleaser!!! :)

Manjula Bharath December 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM  

such an fantastic pizza :) and muffin pizza sounds and looks so interesting :) they looks super delicious dear !!

Suma Gandlur December 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM  

They look cute and besides one can do portion control as well.

Pavani N December 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM  

Wow, those muffin deep dish pizzas look sooo tempting. I love roasted peppers and they must have tasted amazing in the pizza.

Sapana Behl December 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM  

Wow muffin pizza looks wonderful , nice one....

Chef Mireille December 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM  

absolutely fabulous - I could have one of these at any time

Usha December 31, 2013 at 6:50 AM  

Love these finger food pizzas.

Padmajha PJ January 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM  

OMG Srivalli! I was literally drooling when I read that description. This is on my bookmarks now! What a brilliant idea!!!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan January 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM  

What a wonderful way to serve the pizza! I am going to be trying this soon when I have some kids over for play date!

Archana Potdar January 6, 2014 at 8:15 PM  

Valli its dinner time.:( I have to go to my palak bhaji and roti. Not fair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP