Eggless Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cake | How to make Cake in Pressure Cooker

>>  Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pin It

In the second day of cooking in Pressure Cooker, it was supposed to be a cake and naturally I decided to make a chocolate version. I had modified the recipe to include more chocolate and sweeter as I wasn't planning to do any frosting.

The cake was surely very chocolaty and very dense. I have had many requests for cakes that could be baked in a pressure cooker. The previous time I had made it on stove top in a paniyaram mould, it had turned out so beautifully. 

Baking in Pressure Cooker takes more time than regular as it needs more time to get cooked. 


When the cake was done and kids saw this, they just couldn't wait. They even skipped their lunch and wanted to have this.I guess that's chocolate power!

I know I am tempted to try this Pressure Cooker method again, I know it takes time to really adapt well. However when Oven is not handy, baking in Pressure cooker works out very well.
















Eggless Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cake

Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Condensed Milk - 2 tbsp
Curds - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 & 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1 & 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Essence few drops
Salt a pinch
Chocolate Chips for garnish

How to bake the cake

In a bowl, take the powdered sugar, butter and cream well.

Next add the cocoa, condensed milk, curds and mix well.  Now add the flour, salt, essence and finally the baking powder. Gently blend well.

Have the pressure cooker with enough water on low flame with the plate placed on water.

Transfer the batter into a greased mould, top with chocolate chips and place on the plate in cooker. Cover with lid without gasket and without the whistle.

Cook for 40 mins.

Once the cooking time is done, cool the pan for 10 mins and serve
Notes:

Make sure you cool the cake really well before slicing.

The cake tends to become very dense as the sugar was little too much and very chocolaty.

Half way through the water in the base got over and the bottom started giving out burnt smell. I had to refill the water in the base with another cup of water.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35


15 comments :

Priya Srinivasan December 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM  

I still don't have the courage to try baking in pressure cooker valli!!! Cake looks yum!!!

Suma Gandlur December 18, 2013 at 2:38 AM  

Good one, Valli.
I get to bookmark so many pressure cooker cake recipes as I had excepted when I saw the theme announced. :)
Usha's version said not to use any water at the base and I was worried about burning my cooker.

divya December 18, 2013 at 4:31 AM  

looks very tempting n soft cake..

Ramya Venkat December 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM  

Yummy cake who says no to this yummy choco cake

Briju Parthasarathy December 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM  

Yummy cake, long time have not baked anything in PC, shall surely do some very soon

Sapana Behl December 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM  

Cake in pressure cooker , I am yet to try . This one looks incredible !

Nivedhanams Sowmya December 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM  

want to make cakes in cooker.. but I have never dared to try!! this looks interesting.. one question, most of the pressure cooker bakes I see have sand in the bottom, you have used water.. can you give the details of the difference between using sand and water?

Srivalli December 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM  

Sowmya, Though I remember my mom and neighbours using sand for baking cakes, personally I have never done, so have no idea on how and what proportion or difference there is.

Usha December 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM  

I did not use water and the base did not burn. But my cooker is an old one and it is not as white and clean as yours. So even if it burnt a lit, I did not notice it.

I made the cake in the pressure cooker for the first time, last week and was surprised how well the cake bakes in a pressure cooker

Nalini's Kitchen December 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM  

Perfectly baked cake Valli,cake looks so moist and soft.I tried a cake last week with putting water in the cooker but it turned out very mushy and gooey yours has come out very well.

Chef Mireille December 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM  

cake looks so soft

Archana Potdar December 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM  

Love the cake. In fact I feel cakes baked on gas taste better than in the oven. This is one example.

Padmajha PJ December 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM  

Now that my oven is non existent, I think it is time to try out a cake in the cooker. Cake looks superb Srivalli...

Harini-Jaya R December 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM  

A very good idea..I have always used water in the pressure cooker for baking..never had any issues.

Pavani N December 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM  

We used to bake cakes in the cooker years ago with sand in the bottom. Was there a noticeable difference in the texture from a regular baked cake?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP