Curried Baby Corn Cheese Sandwich ~ Easy Kids Lunch Box Recipe

>>  Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pin It

It's that time of the year, when you feel all sentimental and nostalgic. It makes you want to pause and ponder. It makes you want to stop and go no further. It's like this time, that always reminds me of the 'Road not taken', well I have travelled many miles for me to change routes. However it makes me think whatever one does, they are finally led where they are supposed to be. It's here I am to be and this is the place I like best.

I know I can see lot of heads nodding after reading this. Well let's go ahead and I bring you forth another edition of Blogging Marathon, this time we are into the 35th Edition. We mark the end of the year with a memorable milestone. 

I have chosen to do all Corn dishes. The condition I thought might be interesting is, to make sure we cook only with corn kernels, baby corns and corn on cob. No corn flour, corn starch or corn meal. I know flour and meal is one and the same. What was I thinking, I clearly deprived myself of some wonderful dishes when I came up with such meaningless clause. 

Well after lot of struggle, because before selecting the theme, I had assumed that it was only a matter of not knowing where to look and I will have loads of corn dishes. Only it became clear that those dishes were not something I could ever get my family eat. Hubby dear is not keen on Chinese and most of those dishes were all related to each other.

Finally it was one of those days when I had to cook something vegetarian for myself, and Amma. I decided I could kill two birds in one shot. I made these sandwiches for us and later Amma told me that Daddy loved it so much. And with Konda taking a bite and saying she wants it for her breakfast again, I couldn't resist and made them next day. 

So you know this is already made many times by now. Imagine my horror I at least had to do three dishes and folks wanted the same old sandwich! I just couldn't let them know that it was more for the blog that I was cooking than they needs. Of course I made it look like their liking was the foremost on my thoughts..:)




Curried Baby Corn Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients Needed:

For the Baby Corn

Baby Corn, finely chopped as circles - 3/4 cups
Onions - 1 big
Salt to taste
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Shahi Paneer Masala powder / Any masala powder - 3/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp

For the Sandwich

Bread Slices - 8 nos
Butter/ Ghee - 2 tsp
Chili Flakes - 1 tsp
Cheese Slices - 4 nos
Baby Corn masala - above

How to make the Sandwich

In a non stick pan, add oil onions, salt, spices powders along with finely chopped baby corns. Cover with lid and simmer for 10 mins. Everything will be cooked with the lid covered.

Meanwhile, trim the sides on the bread, grease with butter/ghee. Place a cheese slice on one slice, top it with curried baby corn masala, sprinkle the chili flakes. Press with the other bread slice.

Heat the sandwich maker, grease with ghee, place the sandwich and grill till done.

Serve with sauce.
Notes:

I used Shahi Masala in this, however any garam masala, kasuri methi, tandoori masala would equally work well.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 35


15 comments :

nandoos Kitchen December 3, 2013 at 8:05 AM  

This curried baby corn sandwich looks great. Love the last picture (the grilled one with sauce)

Nivedhanams Sowmya December 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM  

so perfect... love the sandwich!!
Sowmya

Archana Potdar December 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM  

Yum Valli> I thought too that I have a lot of corn recipes bookmarked but....
This sandwich is what I will definitely benefit from. I like the use ofbaby corn here.

Sapana Behl December 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM  

Very wonderful sandwich and that curried baby corn can be used as a side dish for roti too . Great....

Padmajha PJ December 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM  

I love corn/baby corn but my husband is just the opposite! So I make corn dishes for the kids and myself. This is a very yum recipe and perfect one for the lunchbox !!

Pavani N December 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM  

Ya Valli, you should have included at least corn meal because I have a few recipes for corn cake that I wanted to try :-(
But I'm glad I found 3 dishes with corn/ baby corn that my family liked :-)
Loved the idea of using babycorn as filling for sandwich. Will definitely try this out.

Preeti Garg December 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM  

Look yummy and tasty sandwich

Manjula Bharath December 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM  

wow love the stuffing done :) very very delicious sandwich with corn :)

Pallavi Purani December 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM  

Aaah this was the husband might start liking the baby corn :) Thanks for the idea.

Briju Parthasarathy December 4, 2013 at 2:31 PM  

Lovely and yummy sandwich, like the use of curry flavour for sandwich

Priya Srinivasan December 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM  

Loving that masaledar corn curry valli!!! Looks yummm!!!

Harini-Jaya R December 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM  

Good one..I also made some last minute breakfast sandwich similar to this but had no time to click :(

Chef Mireille December 5, 2013 at 5:11 AM  

love your intro - what will they say with the corn overload this week:)

Suma Gandlur December 9, 2013 at 4:19 AM  

Great one. Any recipe hit with the family, especially kids is a winner, right?

Sandhya Ramakrishnan December 11, 2013 at 7:44 PM  

These sandwiches look so yummy! My kids who love corn, would love these :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP