Instant Vegetable Mixed Flour Dosas ~ 101 Dosa Varieties!

This year has been really so fast that it almost felt like we were on a super fast train. It's the last week of the BM#34 and as I had said, I thought picking up instant dosas/Idlis would be a breeze. Looks like all those instants that I could make, have already been made and I was left hight dry, wanting to select something very quick.

Luckily this instant dosa was made last week when it was originally planned and it came handy. I have gone all serious on Idlis though and the next two will surely be that. As I have often said there is nothing more interesting for me than breakfast dishes. Infact I have gone ahead got my Breakfast Index ready. Credit goes to Sandhya for sharing her code and I worked hard over improvising it to my needs. It still requires more work. Not just that, working on other categories seem like a full time job right now. So those have to wait. Of course suggestions are most welcome.

With December nearing, I was thinking if I should soak my dry fruits for Christmas Cakes. And again wonder if I would actually have time. Well as one says one has to make time. I also felt I had the most silly wish to write long long posts. I know as a year nears closure I do get very sentimental. We look forward to doing things better and enjoying now as never. But then January down the drain, you are back in the rat race of morning running away to quickly meet the dusk. It's just the same as ever. 

I know it's not time yet to start becoming all nostalgic, yet the time is like that. Seriously Madras this year has been more warmer and dry. I know we are going to have major water problem next summer. I always remember riding back home, being hit by the chill wind that blows. This year I hardly ever felt. I do wish we get more rains.

Anyway I know I can go on, but you would rather read this quick one to manage a quick meal if you want.







Instant Vegetable Mixed Flour Dosa

Ingredients Needed:

Besan / Gram Flour - 1/2 cup 
Rice flour - 1/2 cup 
All purpose flour - 1/4 cup 
Rava / Semolina - 2 tbsp 
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Vegetables - 1 grated carrot, onions, green chillies
Ginger, grated - 1/2 inch
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Oil - 2 tsp

Other vegetables that can be added
Greens, Gourds etc

How to make the Dosa

In a bowl, take all the dry ingredients. Mix well, add water slowly and mix. 

Now add the cumin seeds, vegetables and adjust salt. Let it rest for 1/2 hour

After 1/2 hour heat the tawa, grease with oil. Spread the dosa batter as you would with regular dosas

Cook with oil sprinkled on sides. 

Cover with lid, cook on both sides and serve with your choice of chutney, sambar or podis.



Notes:

If the dosas are not coming out as your regular dosas, you can spread in circle and spread quickly as a circle.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 34

Labels: , , , , , ,