Cheesy Capsicups | Cheesy Stuffed Potato Paneer Capsicum

That's quite a name and very mouthful, won't you agree? And that's exactly what it was quite mouthful and very delicious. And this is right hot from the oven for you. While the other two dishes were prepared much ahead, this comes just on time. And silly me, always wanting to put course wise first. So though this is very late in getting prepared, this gets the honour of being showcased first.

With this we begin the second week of BM# 34, I choose to do Cooking with Capsicums. While it's been an ardent wish of mine, to overcome my aversion to certain vegetables, just to make sure my kids eat them, there are still some that I might not even want to touch. However capsicums have been removed from that slot. Growing up, I hardly would touch this vegetable. Not that Amma would include in everything. There is always the Fried rice for you right.

And yes my favourite pizzas would always have these for topping. Even a decade back when I was baking my first pizzas, these invariably the toppings, after being coveted in the Pizza Hut joints. So I will add and remove from my piece. Of course I always felt that extra zing always came from the cooked, burnt capsicum. But you wouldn't catch me voicing that out.
Now after so many years, I decided I was grown up enough to drop certain fancies and embrace the vegetable. Yes capsicums are in thing right now at home. The progress has been happening for a while and nothing like a BM theme to propel for me. So I decided that I would do a week of this to love this more.

I must confess the other two dishes have been a great hit at home as well. And this starter with cheese and potato and paneer, there is nothing that you can complain about. 

From the clippings I have collected over years, there were two editions that had about 4 -5 recipes dedicated to capsicums. However inspiration for this comes from a collection I copied from an online friend, who professed undying love for this vegetable. Just by the sheer expressions she did, I was tempted to write down those recipes. There were about twenty plus recipes, I suppose. I did have tough time short listing the ones I wanted to make.

The recipe I finally made was quite different from what I wrote down. After all cooking with this vegetable, I wanted to make sure it was spicy and apt for my first time adventure. The other two dishes were different. Nevertheless I would like to thank Shy for her obsession to Capsicums, which tempted me to try these 











Cheesy Capsicups

Ingredients Needed:

Green Capsicums - 3 small sized ones
Potato, boiled - 1 cup
Paneer, crumbled - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup

Spices to be added

Turmeric powder a pinch
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Red Chili powder  -1 tsp
Green Chilies - 1 medium
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp

How to make the Cheese Capsicups

Wash and halve the capsicums. Remove the seeds and core well.

Bring a bowl of water to boil, add the capsicums and boil for 7 - 10 mins or till they change colour. Remove and drain well.

MW the potatoes, peel the skin and mash well. Crumble the paneer.

In a non stick pan, heat oil, add the finely chopped onions, saute well.

Now add the mashed potatoes, paneer and all the spice powders. Combine everything well. Finally add the coriander leaves as well. Cool

Now fill the boiled capsicums with the stuffing and once everything is done, heat the pan again with a tsp of oil, place the stuffed capsicums and cook on both sides for couple minutes on high.

Once done, in a baking bowl, transfer the stuffed capsicums, top it with grated cheese. MW for a minute.

Serve hot.

Notes:

The entire dish can be made in microwave without boiling the capsicums. With the cooked stuffing, the cooking might take about 8 - 10 mins on MW high. Cheese can be added half way through the process.

Updated the link for boiling potatoes in Microwave. This is one of those incomparable utility of MW.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 34

Labels: , , , , , , , ,