Aloo Matar Tikkis on Bread ~ Easy Lunch Box Recipes for Kids

Today's Mess Free Tiffin box is such a delicious treat, that I had been dreaming about and planning for a long time. Meaning the planning was on mind and took quite sometime execute. And to imagine this recipe took all about 10 minutes, however I think those 10 mins stretch to an hour when it your mornings to pack kids to school. 

I had planned to send this for Konda's tiffin box and after making it, she enjoyed it so much that she wanted it again tomorrow. With such a simple dish, I know it's not going to be tough task doing it again.

With this we complete the third week of BM# 34. I hope you enjoyed three mess free tiffin box dishes. As I say this, I remembered the clipping I read this morning on my way to work. It was all about "What's in your Tiffin Box? The statement was catching that I was thinking that I had planned a long back to do a series on this theme, which is so close to my heart. I will be planning something on it.






Aloo Matar Tikkis on Bread

Ingredients Needed:

Bread Slices - 6
Cheese Cream - 2 tsp

For the Tikkis

Potato - 1 medium
Peas
Bread Slice - 1
Red Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp

How to make the Tikkis

MW slashed potatoes for 4 mins. Once done, soak in water and peel off the skin and mash well.

MW peas for 5 mins and mash roughly.

In a bowl, soak the bread and squeeze out the water. Mix the soft bread with mashed peas, potatoes and add all the spices. Mix well. Divide into three balls and flatten them to thick discs.

Heat a non stick pan, grease with oil. Place the tikkies on greased pan and cook on both sides till golden colour.

Once done, spread the cheese cream on fresh bread and serve with tikkis in between.


Notes:

If you are planning to pack this for your kid's Tiffin box, don't toast the bread as it tends to get soggy. You can spread the cheese cream and pack the tikkis separately.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 34

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,