badge


O for Orange Tutti Frutti Eggless Cake

>>  Wednesday, September 18, 2013

With us crossing the half the alphabets, I never even realized that the days have simply disappeared and here I am with O. Yes you can say O for all you like, but that's the fact! And its been such an awesome marathon, so much so that there have been many requests left right and center for many more such theme specific marathons! 

I tell you, this marathon seems to have created demons in us, all we want now is to do many such maga marathons with specific themes. I know I would love it. Given the fact if we have enough time, it would be a piece of cake. Now coming to the cake, I now a cake to share. And what a cake it was! I think there is something magic about oranges and cakes. The last time I made some cookies with Orange juice and I simply loved it. I confess that I ate most of those before anybody would get to it. There is surely something wonderful in the final result when you add orange juice to your baked dishes. 

I adapted this from Jayanthi when she posted this in a previous marathon. Luckily my O was pending and it was also to be a baked dish. I settled to make this for this marathon. Since I can never recreate a recipe completely, I ended up changing couple of things. I was so happy when I finally tasted it. I think there have been few dishes that captivate and make your heart sing and trust me this is one of those! Should I confess that I was a wee bit glad that my boys didn't touch it as it wasn't chocolate? well what to do, when it is a chocolate dish, nobody else gets to even taste it. They make it their meal. Anyway hubby dear and Konda loved it. I was so happy to pack this for Konda's snack box. 

So for O, it is Orange Tutti Frutti Eggless Cake

And surely something that I would be baking again














Orange Tutti Frutti Cake – Eggless

All purpose Flour – 1- 1/4 cups
Butter – 4 tbsp melted
Baking Powder – 1-1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Condensed Milk – 3/4 cup
Orange juice – 3/4 cup
Mixed Fruit Jam - 2 tsp
Tutti Frutti – 1/4 cup tossed with 1 tbsp flour

How to bake the Orange Cake

Grease the sides and bottom of a loaf tin and set aside. Preheat oven to 185 C.

Sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda together twice and set aside.

In MW bowl, melt the butter for a minute.

In a bowl, take condensed milk, mix in the mixed fruit jam well. Then add melted butter and orange juice . Beat everything well to mix.

Slowly add the sifted flour and mix in gently, until all the flour is incorporated.

Add the flour-tossed tutti frutti and fold into the batter.

The batter will be quite thick and will drop off a spoon slowly. Transfer this batter to a loaf tin. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon tutti frutti on top.

Bake at 185 C for 25 minutes, then for 3 mins at 150 C, check if a toothpick/ knife inserted at the center comes out clean.

Let cool in pan before using a knife to gently loosen the sides. Remove from tin, slice and serve.

Notes:

This turned out to be better than store bought with its crumble and texture.

As always I was very eager to know what everybody thought about this cake, especially when I loved it so much. Konda said she thought it was from store bought, though there have been many instance when she said my dishes were much better than store bought ones. I rest my case and didn't dispute her word. The simple fact that she wanted to take it for her friends, said she loved it.




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32


20 comments :

Priya Suresh September 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM  

Cake looks incredible,super moist and soo light, a prefect evening snack cake..

Rajani S September 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM  

I am all 'Ooooo' about this cake..I am bookmarking this recipe Valli! Will def try it sometime soon...

Suma Gandlur September 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM  

I can imagine how flavorful and yummy this cake must have been.

Manjula Bharath September 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM  

wow very very delicious and spongy tutti frutti cake with orange flavour . n love the addition of mixed fruit jam in it :)

divya September 18, 2013 at 5:43 AM  

yummy n scrumptious ....

vaishali sabnani September 18, 2013 at 5:46 AM  

Well even I like Chocolate to any thing else...but some how orange and lemon are the next best flavors..orange is actually very refreshing...loved this flavorful cake ..simple yet delicious.

Pavani N September 18, 2013 at 6:46 AM  

That is such a moist & yummy looking cake. Can imagine how fresh and tasty orange cake would taste..

Janani September 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM  

This was my first choice valli but I had no condensed tin at my place so opt to do another one yours look so good so feel like grabbing that light and soft slice of bread. Love the tutti fruits twist so colorful.

Nivedhanams Sowmya September 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM  

wow... looks so yummy!!! addition of jam is new and interesting!!!

Sowmya

Sapana Behl September 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM  

One more delicious eggless cake added in my to do list!
This is so soft and perfectly baked...

Jayanthi Padmanabhan September 18, 2013 at 2:27 PM  

Thanks for trying my recipe. I am flattered. Has turned out gorgeous - so soft and fluffy.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan September 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM  

My husband would die for these tutti frutti cakes. He loves tutti frutti, but we have a hard time finding them here. I usually find some during the christmas time and that is when I stock up on these for the rest of the year...Love the combination :)

Sandhya Karandikar September 19, 2013 at 7:47 AM  

I would definately make this cake. I am always looking for cake recipes without chocolate. This with orange juice in it looks lovely light and delicious.

Chef Mireille September 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM  

perfect tea time snack

Gayathri Kumar September 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM  

Orange always gives a nice flavour to the cake. You cake has turned out beautiful Valli...

Padmajha PJ September 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM  

I too made tutti frutti cake but for T and since its already posted, prepared another dish:)
And orange and jam in cake must really be awesome. Must try this too..

Kalyani September 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM  

same pinch :) I made this too last week ! it was fab !

veena krishnakumar September 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM  

I ahve always loved the tutti fruitty in my bakes..orange flavour cake will be delicious. Have you used fresh orange juice Valli?

Srivalli September 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM  

Veena, Yes I used fresh orange juice..

Preeti Garg September 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM  

wow.. look super delicious and moist cake.. will try soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP