M for Mango Cream Palkova Parfait

This dish happened couple of months back, when Mangoes was in season. The dish just happened and yes end of it, I was so glad that I just went ahead with the flow and made this dessert. I was making palkova and mid way to it, I felt I could do a parfait. So removed some of the simmering milk in the condensed stage, and continued with making the rest to the thick palkova stage. Finally when everything was done, went on making this.

If I remember right, it was one of those days when we actually had rains in midst of blazing summer and yet we enjoyed this delicious treat. Now I will have to wait for a year to make this again!

The weekend was off and never knew how the day simply vanished. However I had a task to be done and it was working on the ICC post and the entire evening was only dedicated to it, with so many pictures and elaborate process. Konda had loved it and wanted to keep some for her friends, however with Monday being a holiday, I was sure nothing would pass by Sunday. Just as I thought, nothing was left by evening.
Coming back to the dish for the day, this was the only fusion I decided on, The mangoes were the sweetest, the palkova, naturally need not be said how it was. However I will go and tempt you further. It had just the right amount of sweet and creamy. Not to forget the iced cream. That was really the icing, it really lent such a delicious touch to the entire dessert. I served in individual glasses and everybody simply loved it!

So we have for M, Mango Cream Palkova Parfait

Mango Cream Palkova Parfait

Ingredients Needed:

For the Palkova

Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 1 cup and as required

Fresh Cream - 2 tbsp
Icing Sugar - 1 tbsp

For Assembling

Fresh Mango pieces - 1 cup
Thick Sweeten Milk before palkova sets - 2 tbsp

How to make

In a thick bottom pan, simmer the milk and continue cooking till it becomes 1/3 of it's volume. Add sugar at the stage when the milk is almost reduced.

Towards the end of the cooking process of palvoka, remove 2 tbsp of the sweeten milk and store.

Keep stirring until the palkova sets.

To assemble

In a serving glass, place a tsp of palkova, followed by mango pieces. Pour the condensed milk over this, layer with whipped cream.

Next again have another layer of whipped cream. Finally garnish with mango pieces.

Chill until serving.

Notes:

This tasted simply too good. I know we may not end up making palkova just to make this dish, however it was all worth the efforts. Maybe we can simply use condensed milk or even make dulce de leche for this.

Anyway can be done, this is just a template. Fuse it as you like.



Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32

Labels: , , , , ,