badge


D for Dark Chocolate Frosting

>>  Thursday, September 5, 2013

When it came to the letter D, I was really elated as it so happened that I had managed to cover 3 letters in one shot. It was Amma's birthday and I had planned on making 2 different cakes with different frosting. Though I was able to salvage 2 letters from that cooking expedition, I had to forgo one dish because I didn't plan my BM theme that was happening. so Honey with Chocolate Chip Cake was sacrificed.

However I managed to save the other two and none more happy than me. When I was planning to make a different frosting from my current crazy being Chocolate Ganache, I decided to use Dark Chocolate as the main. Rather I was forced to use it, as my milk chocolate got over and all I had with me were Dark Chocolate bars. So thought of mixing up condensed milk and the result was amazing. Until I had done it and seen how everybody loved this frosting more, I had no clue of using it. I had simply clicked pictures of the frosting as well. Only later I realized that I could use this for D under Misc, Condiment section.
Dark Chocolate Frosting
Dark Chocolate Frosting
Best part is, the leftovers never get wasted. Kids were more than willing to lick it as such and they wanted it in different avatars. Konda remembered about it and asked for the same at a later point. Last night Konda walked in and asks me why I haven't been making anything chocolate for them. I told her that I might be doing it later but not right away. She was giving me weird looks, with the way things have been at home off late I haven't have cooked much.

So for D it is Dark Chocolate Frosting!

This frosting is completely made with just Dark Chocolate, you could combine milk chocolate to make it less bitter.



Dark Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients Needed

Dark Chocolate compound, grated - 1/2 cup
Condensed Milk - 3 tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cream - 3/4 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp

How to make the Dark Chocolate Frosting

Melt the chocolate in mw for 1 min. Then over a pan, mix all the ingredients and cook over simmer. Temper well for the frosting to set.

When it is almost cooled, use it for frosting over the cake.



Notes:

If you prefer to reduce the bitterness, use 1/4 cup of milk chocolate compound. Both can be melted together in the MW, before being tempered over double pan.

I used this to frost the Honey Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Chip




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32


29 comments :

Preeti Garg September 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM  

Wow.. just one word, delicious and send me at my place please :)

veena krishnakumar September 5, 2013 at 12:17 AM  

I wish Vibha sees this ...she will go gaga over it. Need white chocolate Valli ??

Manjula Bharath September 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM  

wow thats an lovely post and frosting looks sinfully yummy :)

Priya Suresh September 5, 2013 at 1:16 AM  

Shiny frosting, quick and our family favourite frosting..

Btw while typing my recipe name in linky instead of cookies i typed as cake,if possible do correct it Valli.

Suma Gandlur September 5, 2013 at 3:29 AM  

That is delicious for sure. Pairs well with ice cream too.

vaishali sabnani September 5, 2013 at 4:30 AM  

I love dark chocolate ..in fact I normally use only dark chocolate only..somehow I don't find it bitter. .suddenly I am craving for that chocolaty frosting..I can lick it off..no guilt..I will burn off the calories:))

Rasi September 5, 2013 at 6:35 AM  

Nothing makes a cake more delicious than a dark chocolate frosting! i simply dont get it when ppl say they dont like dark chocolate :D

Sapana Behl September 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM  

I can lick it all without cake or anything. Very useful post !!

Pavani N September 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM  

Such simple and decadent chocolate treat.. looks toooo good.

Chef Mireille September 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM  

so gloriously rich and luscious

Rajani S September 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM  

Do you need sugar as well when you add condensed milk? I saw that it was only 3 tbsp, I guess thats why you have added it. Also, sugar can be granulated sugar as well - right? I might make this soon - looks too tempting!

Srivalli September 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM  

Rajani, Actually I ran out of condensed milk that day and since I used only dark chocolate initially it was way too bitter. Considering it was for others, I was forced to add the sugar.

Subsequently I have made with just condensed milk and a little mix of milk compound without using sugar. That tasted great as well. Since these pictures were with just dark chocolate, I thought I should mention only that..:)

Archana Potdar September 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM  

I remember the post of the cake. It was amazing and this frosting its too good not to make it. Like you I will have help in cleaning up the pots, pans and all the implements that I will be using to make this frosting. Well makes washing up lot easier.:)

Nivedhanams Sowmya September 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM  

Would love to sink in this frosting... finger licking good!!!

Sowmya

Sandhya Karandikar September 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM  

Utterly utterly delicious.

Sandhya Karandikar September 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM  

This is very handy to have at all times. I love bitter taste of the chocolates so I skip sugar yet it is delicious.

The Pumpkin Farm September 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM  

even i thought about your reason to add sugar, but i can see how beautifully shining this frosting has truned out to be, want to dunk my finger and lick it off instantaneously

Janani September 5, 2013 at 9:59 PM  

yumm look at the chocolate I haven't had my breakfast yet so hungry looking at the chocolate sauce so yum.

Foodiliciousnan September 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM  

I remember that Honey Choco chip cake and wondered what frosting you're talking about in that post. Looks so good!!!

Sreevalli E September 6, 2013 at 6:41 AM  

Lovely frosting.. Would love to dip some fruit & enjoy..

Gayathri Kumar September 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM  

Looks so yumm Valli. My adughter would fall flat if she sees thsi...

Padmajha PJ September 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM  

Just reading the name honey choco chip cake is making me drool. This is a wonderful frosting that I am going to try and yes, i too have help here cleaning the utensils used to prepare the frosting :)

Harini-Jaya R September 7, 2013 at 2:06 AM  

Sinful frosting. My little one will just lick off the whole thing :)

Sandhya Ramakrishnan September 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM  

I am the only person who dies not like dark chocolate in the house. I might take your suggestion and add a bit of milk chocolate. Lovely shine in the frosting :)

Veena Theagarajan September 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM  

delicious.. super treat for choco lover like me

Padma Rekha September 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM  

yummmm can I dip my fingers in that very tempting..

Kalyani September 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM  

sinfully rich and chocolicious :):)

Nisha Sundar September 19, 2013 at 6:39 PM  

That's very lovely but unfortunately I am not able to like any dark chocolate. Sometime soon I might give it another shot...

Saraswathi Tharagaram October 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM  

Queen of frosting..Rich and Classy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP