Stuffed Tacos with Roasted Vegetables and Paneer

>>  Monday, August 26, 2013

Pin It

When I had decided on doing the Mexican Dishes for the fourth week, I was thinking I was giving lot of time to myself to complete all the dishes. Infact when I had Member's choice for the third week, it looked so bleak at one point. I was wondering if I should interchange the weeks as somehow all the Mexican dishes were ready ahead of time and I was literally breaking my head over Member's choice.

I checked up the sheet and found that Mexican Dishes were not free for the third week and I couldn't give myself that relaxation. For a moment I was thinking the unimaginable, not doing the week! Horrors and horrors is what came to mind. I think the BM dates falling on the weekend works out best in such cases. In over 10 hours time, I managed to make all three for Member's choice. I know I should have mentioned this then. However just barely making it there, was more than enough at that point. So I had simply said my say and shared my pictures. Now that I seem to have some time, which is rare again, I remembered that.

Maybe I come across as a person who is extremely busy, doing hundred and one things, toying around many projects right. Sorry to disillusion you, I am a person sitting in front of this box for more than 12 hrs, thinking I know the world as it is going right now. Sadly I had a shock of my life, when couple of weeks back, I had to travel in the local bus. That was my first, after many decades. I was travelling with a colleague and everybody who heard that I commuted by a bus, were shocked and couldn't believe. That was not the point. I saw the actual world as it was going on. People who travel by local bus and train, must be spending awful time just waiting to reach home. I wonder what inspires them! I know I wouldn't have survived it for long and not cut for such daily exposure to harsh life. I seem to have survived life, living a sheltered life in front of a PC! 

Anyway coming to the Tacos, when I went to Nilgris to buy the tortillas, I asked if they had tacos as well. The counter person said no and suddenly looked at the shelf and pointed if I was referring to Taco shells. I was surprised that I completely missed checking out this shelf that had stocked all Mexican items. Well that only pointed out the fact that I should touch my feet more often. Had I done it, I would have noticed it myself, as it was stocked in the lowest bottom shelf.

I showed the Taco Shells to Konda and she was so jubilant. She said she had made Tacos so many times in the Online games that she plays. See, I was not even aware she knew of this and she seems to have so much knowledge about it. She regaled me on the different textures Tacos are made and the fillings one can have. She was absolutely trilled that she could finally taste them. I told her that I was making the stuffing with roasted vegetables and paneer. She wanted a dash of cheese on top as well.

Not only are my kids seem to be obsessed with cooking, they seem to be even playing online games on cooking. That reminds me, Peddu confessed to us last night that he wants to be a Homemaker! Hubby dear and I were laughing non stop hearing him say what all he might do. Last time when we had discussed what he wants to be, he said he wanted to become a Police, then it was something else. finally now he says homemaker. I asked him what he would do, he said all the things that I do. Like cooking etc. His father replied that maybe he will become chef, for which pat came back the answer, no only a homemaker. Well let's see how many homemakes or chefs going to be turned out..:)



Tacos with Roasted Vegetables and Paneer

Ingredients Needed:

Taco Shells - 3
Onions - 1 medium
Tomatoes - 1 medium
Green chilies - 1 medium
Red chili flakes - 1 tsp
Oregano -1  tsp
Cheese, grated - 2 tbsp
Paneer - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish

How to make the Taco stuffed with Vegetables and Paneer.

On a hot tawa, sprinkle oil, add finely chopped green chilies, onions, tomatoes and roast on high flame. Sprinkle salt, red chili flakes over the vegetables and saute well.

Next add cubed paneer and sprinkle oregano, more flakes if needed. Keep it ready.

MW the taco shells with the cone that came along. MW for 30 secs just to warm them.

Then stuff the tacos with the filling, sprinkle the top with cheese and again MW for 30 secs and serve hot.

Sending this to Nisha, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on After school bites

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 31


11 comments :

vaishali sabnani August 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM  

While reading the post I have been smiling and smiling...boys..and home makers..wow...ehe..ehe...
I never like to make my own tacos and have a friend who is in this business...like the stuffing..I normally use refried beans..this is a nice variation.

Cheap Green Bay Packers Jerseys usa August 26, 2013 at 8:55 AM  

look nice

Sapana Behl August 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM  

Tacos with roasted veggies looks delicious !

Razina Javed August 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM  

luks delicious...
http://raaazzzfoodlove.blogspot.in/

Nivedhanams Sowmya August 26, 2013 at 12:01 PM  

perfectly done valli!!! love the clicks!!

Sowmya

Priya Suresh August 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM  

Omg, i had travelling in bus that too in chennai, dunno why, bus travelling hate it to the core.Tacos are just inviting me, am craving for some now.

The Pumpkin Farm August 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM  

Lol valli, i have had similar experiences sitting in bus or train now...thankfully did not have to subject myself to this often, and yes, i still feel , even though you disagree, you really manage a big circus, with elan, this taco recipe is perfect end to your mexican sojourne, thoroughly enjoyed

Jayanthi Padmanabhan August 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM  

Such colourful tacos. enjoyed the write-up

Harini-Jaya R August 28, 2013 at 5:06 AM  

These tacos are so filling! My kids love these as well.

Pavani N August 28, 2013 at 6:53 AM  

Valli, you are a super woman in my book--no matter what you think.
Looks like a lot of retailers are carrying variety of international food items in India.. that's awesome.
Tacos look yummy!! I'm sure kids loved them.

Padmajha PJ August 31, 2013 at 2:33 PM  

I used to commute by the local bus when I was working and it was real hell getting in and out!!
And you are a super woman managing so man stuffs together yaar..
I am still smiling at the lil one wanting to become a home maker. Kids do want to follow our footsteps, na.
I never knew Nilgiris sold taco shells got to check it out and your version of stuffing sounds yum!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP