Microwave Paneer Jalfrezi | How to make Paneer Jalfrezi

>>  Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pin It

For the second day of cooking in Microwave Oven, I decided to make an almost dry saute with Paneer. Normally this will be more gravy when you serve with Chapatis. However I was planning to make Kati Rolls, so wanted it to be almost dry. 

I used homemade Paneer, you can use store bought as well. However with making Paneer such an easy task, it makes no sense to get store bought one, unless you want to make Tikkas. I had a complete weekend off, though unfortunately didn't do much of a cooking. I was more keen on getting tart moulds, pie moulds etc. I know I should have got them long back. So other than making my wallet light, I didn't do much.

Now my next on task is to get eggless versions of those dishes to be tried next.

While I think about those, I am sure you would want to check out this Paneer Jalfrezi. With crunchy shallots, capsicum and paneer, this makes a great side dish.
 










Paneer Jalfrezi

Ingredients Needed

Paneer, cubed - 1 cup
Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Onion, coarsely minced - 3/4 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 3/4 tsp
Green chilies - 2 long
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Capsicum, cubed - 1/2 cup
Shallot / Sambar Onions - 10
Tomatoes, quarters - 1 (without juice)
Tomato puree - 1/2 cup
Oil - 2 -3 tsp
Salt to taste

Coriander leaves for garnish

How to make Paneer Jalfrezi

In a microwave safe open dish, add oil along with cumin seeds. MW for 30 secs.

Wash and mince the onions in a mixer, add the onion mince to the bowl. MW for 3 mins. Remove the door and stir around. Again MW for 3 mins.

Now all the chopped capsicum, shallot onions, chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, green chillies to the dish. MW for another 6 mins in two intervals.

Add all the spice powders, mix well. MW for 3 mins. Now add the tomato puree. Stir again and MW for 3 mins.

Cube the paneer and soak in hot water for couple of mins.

Finally add paneer, sprinkle the garam masala and cook at HI for 3 minutes.

Serve hot garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 31


18 comments :

Manju Modiyani August 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM  

Delicious paneer jalfrezi..looks perfect!

Ramya Krishnamurthy August 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM  

delicious akka and love the shot

vaishali sabnani August 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM  

I wish I could cook in M W ..may be I will give it a shot .your method tempts me to try. The rolls look inviting with that paneer stuffing.

Gayathri Kumar August 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM  

Love this dry version. Looks so inviting..

kumars kitchen August 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM  

quick and easy jalfrezi, yummy too:-)

Rumana Ambrin August 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM  

Looks yummy and love the dry version...

Veena Theagarajan August 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM  

delicious version .. never tried in microwave..

Magee's Kitchen August 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM  

Step by step clicks are more helpful thank you...

nayana August 11, 2013 at 11:24 PM  

a quick n delicious microwave jalfrezi...today's post : http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/08/cucumber-peanut-butter-sandwiches.html

Priya Suresh August 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM  

Well detailed dish, never prepared jalfrezi through MW, u rock Srivalli.

Chef Mireille August 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM  

although I love paneer, I've never had this although I know it is quite common. will hve to try it!

Sapana Behl August 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM  

Wonderfully made paneer Jalfrezi in MW!!

Denny August 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM  

Paneer Jalfrezi looks great! step by step pics help understand how this delicious dish can be done entirely in the MW.

Pallavi Purani August 13, 2013 at 11:22 AM  

This tutorial shall be super helpful for microwave illiterates like me :D

Pavani N August 14, 2013 at 3:01 AM  

I don't cook in the microwave much -- not sure why.. I know it's very convenient, but somehow never tried it.. This curry looks so good, will definitely try it out soon.

Preetha Soumyan August 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM  

I have noted in the menu card of hotels Veg - jalfrezi ... wow!! it is so easy to make...

Harini-Jaya R August 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM  

Looks good..Shall try the MW version soon.

veena krishnakumar August 31, 2013 at 1:32 PM  

yumm yumm..this is very nice valli...east to fix in the early motnings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP