Eggless Spinach, Cheese and Paneer Quiche

>>  Monday, August 19, 2013

For the final day of making Member's Choice, I had decided on Quiche. I went about checking on different recipes that I could make. Quiche is from french cuisine which predominately uses eggs. I then had the task of making it eggless. 

Luckily I landed in couple of eggless quiche recipes. First I checked out Vaishali's version and then Gayathri's version. I finally settled on Gayathri's as I had more of it handy. As days went by, I hardly had time to make these. So the final day that was left out was the Sunday. And one day was all I had to make posts of two days. This was my lunch followed by the dessert that was so tempting!

It was a delicious wait, once the quiches were done. Everybody loved it and I am sure I am going to be making this sometime again.

I guess I am unable to write more of what I had in mind, with a distraction that was hard to miss. So will be back to write more later.

Konda loved this so much that I am sure this will be a great treat for evening snacks,

Sending this to Nisha, who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on After school bites


Eggless Spinach Cheese and Paneer Quiche

Ingredients Needed

For The Pie Crust:

Maida/ All Purpose Flour-1 1/4 cup
Cold Butter-100 gm
Salt-1/2 tsp
Sugar-1/2 tsp
Ice Cold Water-2 tsp

For The Filling:

Spinach- 1 big bunch
Cheese- 200 gm
Full Cream Milk-1cup
Crumbled Paneer- 1 cup
Green Chilli-3
Salt to taste
Butter-1 tbsp
Red chili flakes - 1 tsp

How to make Quiche

Mix maida, butter, sugar and salt and mix it with finger tips until crumbly.

Add the cold water and bring the dough together. Knead to a dough and refrigerate for 30 mins.

Finely chop onion, green chillies and spinach. Heat butter and add onion and green chillies.

When the onions turn colour, add the spinach and salt.

The spinach will wilt. Saute it becomes dry.

Preheat oven to 200C.

Divide the dough into equal balls, dust and roll out into thin discs.

Grease the molds, and transfer the discs and press it firmly on the pie dish.

Remove excess dough.

Prick the lined dough with fork.

Bake the pies for 25 mins or till the top gets brown.

For the Paneer sauce, pulse the milk and paneer together along with Red chili flakes.

Arranging The Quiche:

Spread a portion of the cheese on the crust.

Divide the spinach mixture among the pie crusts.

Sprinkle another portion of the cheese on it.

Divide and pour the milk paneer mixture on the quiches.

Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Finally sprinkle the red chili flakes on top.

Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes, till the top is browned.

Removing The Quiche From The Tin:

Since the bottom is loose, gently push it from bottom with another object.

Gently transfer to a serving plate.

Slice it up and serve tomato ketchup.


Don’t fill the crust to the rim. Leave a little gap. Otherwise the filling will ooze out from the quiche.

Slice with a pizza cutter for even shape.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 31


Manjula Bharath August 20, 2013 at 12:47 AM  

very very healthy and yummy quiche :)

Priya Suresh August 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM  

My kid's favourite, he can have quiche even everyday..Looks soo cheesy and healthy.

Pavani N August 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM  

Quiche is something I've never made because of the crust -- it sounds too completed to me.
Yours has come out Perfect. Love the crust and the filling -- can't tell from the pics that these are eggless :-)

AparnaRajeshkumar August 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM  

i have never tasted but wanted to try after seeing this :D

vaishali sabnani August 20, 2013 at 2:35 PM  

Valli this is one of my favorite's turned out so well..only wishI could have a bite from it..looks awesome.

Amrita Roy August 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM  

This quinche is new to me...looks yummy

Ongoing event Eat Seasonal Food Fresh
Ongoing event Forever Friends

Uma Ramanujam August 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM  

Like the eggless idea with paneer. will try this version tooo.

Nalini's Kitchen August 21, 2013 at 4:43 AM  

perfectly made Valli,looks super tempting..bookmarked.

Sreevalli E August 21, 2013 at 6:09 AM  

Healthy quiche with paneer..

Spandana August 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM  

Looks very delicious Valli. Have to try this, so that my son can eat some spinach.

Harini-Jaya R August 28, 2013 at 4:13 AM  

I am sure the kids will love these cute bowls of cheesy spinach!

veena krishnakumar August 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM  

yumm yumm...when will it be baked again?

swati kashyap October 22, 2014 at 3:30 PM  

This recipe looks yummy, delicious and healthy. I am going to try it.

Priyanshi Randeria July 10, 2015 at 3:45 AM  

How many does this recipe make?

Srivalli July 14, 2015 at 9:02 AM  

Priyanshi From the measurement I have given, I got about 3 6" pie and two 4" pies

Iris October 9, 2015 at 1:26 AM  

Looks lovely! Which type of cheese have you used here? Would mozarella do?

Srivalli October 9, 2015 at 8:15 AM  

Iris, I have used Britannia processed cheese here. Since we are only topping it and then baking, mozarella should also work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP