Cinnamon Mini Sugar Rolls

>>  Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pin It

Next in the rolls, comes a favorite of mine - The Cinnamon Roll! Of course this may or maynot fall exactly under that dish that's famous called the cinnamon roll. However what I baked came out so perfectly fine that I was very happy. Ever since I tasted Cinnamon Stick in SFA, I have been obsessed to dig or at least make them myself. So I have collected many different recipes that go under the same name.

Today's recipe uses baking powder and I wanted to make these into mini servings as I was planning to fit to the theme as well. These are rolled and baked. I filled it with cinnamon sugar stuffing. And glazed with chocolate drizzle. It was a heavenly combination. 

Since these tasted great when served warm and as well as room temperature, I thought I must send these to Mir, who is hosting the Kid's Delight this month, themed on Summer Special

And yes while I was at it, I suddenly remembered that I have already posted a very similar cinnamon roll with a different stuffing. As I said I am obsessed with these cinnamon rolls. I promise to make the actual cinnamon roll sometime soon. Meanwhile you will have to read on my own adaptation of the original.  

Needless to say, however tweaking you do, if the kids finally accept and the dish disappears, I measure the success simply based on it. On those basis, this surely scored a high point.











Cinnamon Mini Sugar Rolls

Ingredients Needed

All purpose flour / maida - 1 & 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Unsalted butter - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt a pinch

For the Filling

Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 12 tbsp
Cinnamon powder - 2 tbsp

How to make the Cinnamon Mini Sugar Rolls

In a bowl add flour, sugar, cinnamon powder, butter and baking powder. Mix it together. Add milk to form a smooth dough. Keep aside.

In another bowl add 2 Tbsp butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp cinnamon powder. Mix it together till its a fine mixtures.

On a clean slab roll the dough in a rectangle. Spread the mixture evenly on the dough. Roll it tightly and cut strips of 1 cm in width

On a greased tray place all these cinnamon rolls.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C

Bake for 20 minutes at 180 deg C. I removed at 15 mins, brushed with butter and milk and again baked.

Serve warm.


Note: If you want to glaze them, you can mix 2 tbsp icing sugar with 1 tbsp milk and brush it on the cinnamon rolls.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 30


16 comments :

divya July 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM  

Looks super delicious

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj July 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM  

Wow super delicious and tempting...

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj July 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM  

Wow super delicious and tempting...

Kalyani July 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

super yummy ! we had a store here, which sold only these cinnamon rolls.. N i know how addictive they are :-))

Jayanthi Padmanabhan July 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM  

Looks yummy.. have never tried anything like this.. will have to give this a shot

Sapana Behl July 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM  

Such a wonderful recipe !!

Anu Shoj July 18, 2013 at 7:47 PM  

yummy rolls...
Anu's Healthy Kitchen - Swiss Chard Chana Dal Masala Vada

Gayathri Kumar July 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM  

Looks so delicious. I love cinnamon rolls...

vaishali sabnani July 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM  

Wow Valli these look so cute...absolutely delicious with that chocolate drizzled they will make a treat for anyone.

Chef Mireille July 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM  

you are reminding me I have not had in a long time - these look so good

Priya Suresh July 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM  

One of my weakness, i love cinnamon rolls that much..Would love to have some.

Pavani N July 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM  

It has been a while I ate these.. from the store :-) Never tried making them myself, although I've been planning to and have some recipes bookmarked too. You are tempting me to make some soon.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan July 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM  

This is really really delicious! i would glaze them for sure to satisfy every bit of my sweet tooth :)

Harini-Jaya R July 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM  

Like Pavani wrote, I have also been planning to bake these..making with baking powder sounds very quick and easy!

Preeti Garg July 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM  

LOok super tempting

Nivedhanams Sowmya July 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM  

I generally make them with yeast for the dough... baking powder sounds interesting...
Sowmya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP