badge


Chocolate Biscotti | Chocolate Rusk

>>  Thursday, July 25, 2013

There are always two ways when comes to a dish, well there may be other ways as well. Anyways let's talk of the two ways in which you, either indulge to enjoy a dish or  enjoyed seeing others indulge in a dish. When it comes to quintessential tea kadai that you see on every other corner on roads on Madras, you will know what I mean. I almost wanted to click pictures of those, just to capture how well they tempt folks on roads.

Eating from a tea shop has never been on the cards, as Daddy would never approve it. However I have had my share of enjoyment when we visited the hill stations and other places on our own after marriage. Of the many things you typically find in such road side shops are their box full of Butter Biscuits that come in many varieties. Some shops have bread butter jam, most shops have vadas, bajji and samosas. The temptation is never ending. And the master keeps making the tea, his hands going either ways high in the air.

Coming to the theme for today, I decided to make Rusk. I have made it once before, though I hardly had time to click some pictures. This time however, I had a mission. Though knowing that making something just Vanilla was not going to work, I decided to take my creative privilege and decided to make it with chocolate. Well I always slide over which one is better. Either the dish getting disappeared in flat 10 mins time or a brand new recipe for the blog. Hands down, the first one always wins and I ended up making the biscotti with cocoa. I had to literally remove couple for the next stage, the rest of the cake disappeared in just 5 mins.

I double baked it and got a wonderful crispy chocolate rusk and I had packed them off for school snack today. I will have to brief myself on the status though.

If you are wondering about the picture, well that's my morning coffee and no I didn't eat this early morning, though I did take a bite from it. Since morning I was simply thinking when would be the right time to hit the button. Anyway I am not so hopeful of a quick update for tomorrow, as I am still looking out for the next perfect tea kadai menu dish that I want to make!











Chocolate Biscotti

Ingredients Needed

Wheat flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1/ 2 tsp
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
Icing Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tsp
Hot water - 1/2 cup
Egg replacement - 1 tsp (this was gifted by Vaishali, yay finally used it!)

How to bake Chocolate Biscotti

Melt brown sugar along with butter.

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. To get the dropping consistency, add hot water.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C, and bake for 25 mins.

Remove and cut into pieces.

Bake again for 30 mins, in intervals of 5 mins, just to ensure it doesn't get burnt.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 30


14 comments :

Manju Modiyani July 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM  

Biscotti is an Italian word which literally means 'Baked twice'. I have always seen biscotti made with pistachios and choco chips..but making it totally chocolatey is a novel idea. I love how this chocolate biscotti looks. Yumm! :D Kudos to you for your imagination!

vaishali sabnani July 26, 2013 at 5:45 AM  

I do not eat biscuits, cookies or rusks how ever there is a cake rusk available in Delhi which is really delicious. .n now this chocolate rusk beats that cake rusk.totally in love with it.Fantastic Valli.Super recipe...and I am glad the egg replacer finally got used:)

Shree July 26, 2013 at 7:41 AM  

perfect biscotti !

Jayanthi Padmanabhan July 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM  

These chocolate rusks look so perfectly crunchy. Bookmarking this recipe.

Sona S July 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM  

Delicious and yummy.

The Pumpkin Farm July 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM  

absolutely brilliant idea, loved this biscotti and is so simple to make...btw , you drink very small quantity of coffee...unless the cup shows half consumed coffee

Srivalli July 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM  

Thank you all...

Pradnya, the mug is actually quite big and the content fits the regular glass measure..:)...

Sapana Behl July 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM  

Biscotti looks great and with that mug of coffee it would be delightful.

divya July 27, 2013 at 1:03 AM  

Ohhhh mouth watering!!!!!!thanx for the recipe

Priya Suresh July 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM  

Chocolate rusk sounds very much interesting that the usual rusk we get in teakadais..Loving it.

Gayathri Kumar July 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM  

Very innovative rusks.my daughter would love this very very chocolatey rusks..

Pavani N July 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM  

Biscotti is on my to-try list for a looooong time. Your chocolate biscotti sounds delicious and my son will eat it too. I've to try this soon.

Nisha Sundar July 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM  

Perfect accompaniment to the evening coffee. Yum!

sushma July 31, 2013 at 5:10 AM  

Rusk looks awesome. Simple to make, will give it a try soon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP