Baked Pancake with Nutella | Quick Snack for Kids

>>  Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pin It

If you are looking for a snack that can get done under 30 mins and disappears the very next minute, then you are on the right spot. As I was saying, somehow this edition, I find myself so unprepared with any of the dishes and so had to literally stretch myself so much to get the dish done with the step by step pictures as well. 

I was supposed to make this yesterday, somehow the evening just flew and I thought I would make it this evening. Again I came back home for a quick dinner preparation. It was easy as I was making Uggani and was elated with the thought that Athamma will be home tomorrow morning. Boys were finally asking when their Nannamma was coming home. She went visiting her elder daughter and as always we said she has gone to hospital. That's always been the excuse we give the boys for her absence.

Anyway this dish hardly took more than 10 mins to get it done. It would also have to do with the small quantity I made. Having always backed muffins and cakes, baking a pancake was sounding different. And I didn't want to take chances for this recipe to fail.

So imagine my pleasant surprise when all three of them gobbled up whatever was made and wanted more. The best part was asking this to be made for tomorrow's school snacks. This statement always gives me sign that the dish was a success. 

Sending this to my Kid's Delight event, hosted by Kalyani themed on Finger Foods for Kid's Party

 





Baked Pancake with Nutella

Ingredients Needed

All purpose flour / Maida - 3/4 cup
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Icing Sugar - 2 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp
Milk - almost 1 cup (depends on the consistency, we are aiming at pouring batter)

Nutella for topping

How to bake the pancake

Preheat the oven at 185 C

In a bowl, take the flour, baking powder, icing sugar and melted butter. Mix well.

When you have a smooth mix, slowly add the milk and blend to a dropping consistency.

Grease a muffin pan with butter and pour into each mould to a 1 inch.

Bake at 185 C for 15 mins.

When it's done, remove and immediately top it with Nutella and serve

Notes:

Since you don't let this raise up as much as a muffin, pour a very thin layer for it to get baked well.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 30


11 comments :

Priya Suresh July 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM  

Love baked pancakes, loving those mini pancakes, droolworthy.

Ramya Krishnamurthy July 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM  

interesting pancakes

Padmajha PJ July 5, 2013 at 10:13 AM  

Very innovative recipe Srivalli. With the Nutella on top, I can see how fast they disappeared!

Sapana Behl July 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM  

Baked pancake looks so yummy and with all Nutella I can munch them all !

Veena Theagarajan July 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM  

looks so yummy

Shree July 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM  

innovative recipe ! nice try !

Gayathri Kumar July 6, 2013 at 5:24 AM  

This looks very nice Valli. Need to try this for my daughter...

Pavani N July 6, 2013 at 8:13 AM  

Baked pancakes is new to me. They look yumm!! Again my son would love these.

Chef Mireille July 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM  

what a novel idea

WizzyTheStick July 7, 2013 at 12:14 AM  

For sure my kids will love this

Sandhya Ramakrishnan July 8, 2013 at 2:37 AM  

A good substitute to regular pancakes. I like this idea of baked ones especially because you don't have to be flipping them and they are done in the oven.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP