Samba Godhumai Ladoo | Broken Wheat Laddoo

>>  Monday, June 3, 2013

We are starting the BM 29th Edition today and I am going to blog about sweet treats for Kids this week. When I talk about sweets, my kids are not so keen into sweets, other than chocolate treats and cakes. And if at all they eat, it's only sweets that we make at home. Nothing of the store bought sweets for them, other than Sonpadi.

So I know I will end up making cakes and chocolates when I decided to do this theme. However we were surprised when Konda loved this laddo that Amma made for us. It's a quick fix and something I end up doing with these whole grains. Makes a healthy snack as well.

Sending this to Sowmya who is hosting my Kid's Delight Event, themed on Sweet Treats for Kids

Samba Broken Wheat Laddoo

Ingredients Needed:

Samba Broken Wheat - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Fresh Coconut - 1/2 cup
Ghee as required
Nuts for garnish

How to make the Laddo

Fry the wheat till it turns colour slightly. Roast the nuts and keep it aside.

Cool and powder it fine. Powder the sugar separately and take both wheat powder along with sugar, coconut, nuts in a bowl. Add melted ghee and press out balls. If the laddos don't hold it's shape, sprinkle hot milk over the mix and quickly shape out laddoos.


Frying can be done without ghee. If you want you can add a tsp and fry.
Since milk is added, take care to store it properly.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29


Priya Srinivasan June 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM  

Quick to make ladoos!!!! Sometimes kuttu too will surprise me like this. Lovely color too!!!

Usha June 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM  

Healthy and delicious laddu!

Wer SAHM June 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM  

tjis one looks super tasty and healthy ladoos...

Jayashree June 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM  

A nice variation, Valli to the usual wheat/besan laddoos.

Saras June 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM  

Yummy and lovely ladoos..Looks very tempting..

Chef Mireille June 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM  

sounds yummy with the coconut

Jayanthi Padmanabhan June 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM  

Quick and easy recipe - just the way I like it. I know there are very few ingredients already, but what if I leave out coconut? will it still work out?

Hema June 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM  

I too made a recipe with samba sooji today and since I have some more of this sooji I too was thinking of making this laddoo for the kids delight theme. Healthy laddoo! Coconuts add a rich taste to the ladoos. Delicious evening snack!

Nivedhanams Sowmya June 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM  

that is so quick and so easy... very well explained... nicely done Valli...
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats

Priya Suresh June 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM  

Even i tried my hands in making this samba wheat laddoos, looks wonderful.

vaishali sabnani June 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM  

lovely mouth is watering.....Valli I am actually fond of ladoos but due to calories never make...thanks for tempting me and giving me a virtual treat:))

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj June 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM  

yummy ladoo...

Archana Potdar June 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM  

Bootiful ladoos. How I wish some one at home will eat these kinds of sweets with me. :(
I am guest hosting Healthy Salads till the 11th June ‘2013. Do send me your entries

Harini-Jaya R June 4, 2013 at 6:40 AM  

I was wondering how you would have made these laddus and the first line of the recipe gave it away (Grinding the wheat rava part) :)

Lovely laddus!

Veena Theagarajan June 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM  

delicious and relatively healthy laddoos

Foodiliciousnan June 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM  

Wonderful that Konda lived this. It is surely nice to have an alternative to chocolate based treats

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM  

That is one quick ladoo recipe. Also a good way to get the healthy samba godhumai in the dessert.

Suma Gandlur June 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM  

Never tried laddus with cracked wheat though we prepare similarly with rava. Must have been yummy.

rekhas kitchen June 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM  

Actually I am tinking to make this laddu s. healthy recipe nice idea of ading coconut looks yummm..

Pavani N June 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM  

My son's the same way -- he doesn't like Indian sweets like gulab jamun etc. I'm thinking may be because I don't make them often, he's not getting used to them.
These laddoos look healthy & delicious. What is samba godhuma--is it like really coarse wheat rawa??

sushma June 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM  

A new variety of ladoo. Looks great. Will give it a try.

Pallavi Purani June 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM  

I remember making these at nani house when we were kids :) GOod one Valli

Sapana Behl June 8, 2013 at 1:03 AM  

My grand ma used to make these! Looks yummy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP