Milagu Kuzhambu Podi | South Indian Spice Mix for Kulambu

We are starting the second week of BM # 29th Edition. I am planning to make Indian Spice Mixes that aid and enhance the dishes. These Spice blends are versatile and can be used in many dishes. For the first day I decided to make this spice blend with Whole pepper. The famous Kuzhamus of Tamil Nadu can be so easily prepared by using this spice blend.

I rarely buy masala powders. Other than Pav Bhaji Masala and Chana Masala, I mostly make other things at home. I even prepare Channa Masala at times. I am planning to make Pav Bhaji sometime. For the next three days, enjoy the spice blends and use it for making different dishes.

This recipe was from my paper collection that I had filed. I have always been planning to try those recipes, finally getting around making it.




Melagu Kozhmbu Powder

Whole Black pepper - 4 tsp
Dry Red chilies - 10 - 12
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Asafetida a pinch
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp

Fry all ingredients and grind like a powder, and keep it in a air tight container.

I made the Milugu Kulambu with this.
Notes

This can be used to prepare Melagu kozhumbu or Melagu kuttu and Melagu rasam.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29

Labels: , , , , ,