Honey Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cake

>>  Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Well I need not have actually bothered much about the title today. Anyway out of habit and the fact that I actually ended up posting it now made all the difference. With great difficulty I ended up with the H, those who are planning to do the Sep BM will know. Sadly I have to share it much ahead and I am hoping I would find a H soon.

The weekend was filled with million things and though I managed to do most of it, I missed doing one that ensured I had a post for the second day. Well I didn't as I was so busy baking cakes. It was Amma's birthday and I wanted to bake the cakes myself. You can check out the cake and see I seriously lacked the decorating skills that I always lament about. Seeing Pavani's cake, made me realize I could've decorated with just chocolate as well!

Kids were giving me so many ideas and didn't want me to take the cake as such. To say they were disappointed was putting it very mildly. Since I even said I was baking, they felt I spoiled the surprise element. And they insisted I get them gifts to carry for the birthday party. When I said I didn't have anything, they even refused to budge from the place! I had to cajole them so much to draw something and get them books to gift. I wonder how they got into themselves that gifting is a must.

Anyway I said my gifts were the cakes as these were eggless and made just as how Amma would like. I was more than happy when she loved the cakes. I made two of them, so it was more than enough for the whole lot. The frosting was a different one as well. So on the whole it was an eventful day.

Though I was thinking maybe I must share this right away as I wanted to remember the events, I was thinking I was saving it as well. Just goes to show how, however much we plan, things happen just as how it is supposed to be. Now my search for H continues!

Sending this to Sowmya who is hosting my Kid's Delight Event, themed on Sweet Treats for Kids

I was thinking maybe the honey taste will make the kids not like it. I was in for a surprise as both the cakes disappeared shortly and they were disappointed that I didn't make more.

The Sunday does end up being so hectic. How much can one plan for a single day, and needless to day my colleagues commented how I am always tired on a Monday!

Honey Chocolate Cake

Preparation Time : 10 mins
Baking Time - 17 mins

Ingredients Needed

All Purpose Flour - 1 & 1/2 cups
Thick Yoghurt - 1 cup
Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar  - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 & 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence few drops
Cocoa powder - 2 - 3 tsp
a pinch Salt
approx 3/4 cup Milk
Honey - 2 tbsp

How to make the Chocolate Cake with Honey

In a bowl, mix in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla essence and cocoa powder.

Mix in and add the curds, honey and olive oil. Gently mix in and pour into greased baking pan.

Pre heat the oven at 185 C and bake for 15 mins. Let it cool and transfer to another plate.

Frost with Chocolate Cream icing and serve

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29


Pavani N June 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM  

That chocolate cake looks amazing. Love the addition of honey and choco chips. I've never used honey in a chocolate cake before, will have to try this.
Thanks for the mention in the post :-)

Foodiliciousnan June 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM  

Honey is a good way to sweeten in place of sugar. I've been wanting to try replacing half the sugar with honey in cakes. N ow I'm tempted to try soon

Jayashree June 4, 2013 at 8:56 AM  

A very happy birthday to your amma, Valli. Am sure she must have enjoyed the cake.

Suma Gandlur June 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM  

The cake looks amazing Valli even without the chocolate decoration. I assumed that you replaced sugar with honey, going by the title. :)

Priya Suresh June 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM  

I never replaced sugar with honey in cakes, thanks for sharing this beautiful cake Valli..Love that chocolate ganache..

Veena Theagarajan June 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM  

looks yummy

Jayanthi Padmanabhan June 4, 2013 at 2:04 PM  

The frosting looks so chocolatey. Very nice & interesting eggless version.

vaishali sabnani June 4, 2013 at 3:03 PM  

First Belated Birthday wishes for Amma:))..coming to the cake the concept of honey is too good, the flavor would have been amazing..feel like tasting some of it:)

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj June 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM  

completely delightful...

Wer SAHM June 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM  

chocolate cake with honey is a super healthy attempt...

Usha June 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM  

Never used honey as a sweetener in baking. Cake looks great

Archana Potdar June 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM  

First belated wishes to Amma. Amazing cake. Love the use of honey.

Chef Mireille June 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM  

what a great I guess you're thinking of a new H for September :)

Hema June 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM  

The chocolate cake looks so moist.. And belated bday to your mom.. there is always this strong love between kids and their grand parents. No matter what we do, they think its kinda less. Hope you had a blast!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM  

Love adding honey to any baked dish! When i saws this post on FB this morning, the picture just got me addicted to it.

rekhas kitchen June 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM  

Belated Birthday wishes to your amma Valli. even mee too never tried honey in the plase of sugar. lots of chocolte your cake making me drooll....

Pallavi Purani June 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM  

That color is absolutely stunning. Kudos.

Harini-Jaya R June 7, 2013 at 2:39 AM  

The cake looks very moist and chocolatey! I am sure the kids loved it!

sushma June 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM  

Cake looks delicious. Loved the way u used honey instead of sugar. Nice and healthy.

Nivedhanams Sowmya June 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM  

Wow a very moist and super chocolatey cake.. this is a must for chocolate lovers!!! sinfully delicious...
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats

Sapana Behl June 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM  

Cake looks fabulous...

Saras June 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM  

Beautiful and so so good, wish i had a piece with my coffee now.

Mari June 30, 2013 at 5:31 AM  

How would this be in a loaf pan for new year or break fast honey cake?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP