Chocolate Shrikhand | Shrikhand with Chocolate

>>  Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pin It

I know you must be wondering if I had forgotten my theme for the week! Well for a moment I thought that myself too and rather realized that I am being very ambitious to imagine I will be making the other complicated chocolate dishes for the theme down 2 weeks later.

Anyway as it sometimes happens, I couldn't get around making the dishes I wanted to do. The result was I had the curds for the shrikhand ready and realised making a chocolate fusion with it would be the best option. As expected boys didn't like it much, they only tasted it. Konda liked it, however she said she would prefer it to be more chocolaty. Well what can you expect, when you offer something chocolate, they want it all the way. I felt it was more than perfect, maybe some more sweeter. Well that's fine in the end as the chocolate dominated and we were happy lot. 

Today's is the final post for the first week. I am hoping I will manage to cook all the rest of them on time.

Sending this to Sowmya who is hosting my Kid's Delight Event, themed on Sweet Treats for Kids


Chocolate Shrikhand

Make Shrikhand as done in this post

For the chocolate sauce

Dark Chocolate - 2 bars
Cocoa powder - 1 tsp
Sugar as required
Cream - 2 tsp
Butter 1 tsp

Chocolate chip for garnish

Once the shrikhand is ready, chill it till mixing

For the sauce, melt the dark chocolate, add cocoa power, add sugar, butter, blend everything well.

Finally add the cream and temper it well, until everything sets properly.

Allow it to cool.

Slowly mix this to the hung curds. Transfer and chill again.

Garnish with chocolate chip before serving.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 29


22 comments :

vaishali sabnani June 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM  

Somehow I have never been fond of Shrikhand but the chocolate version sounds good, and truly interesting. Worth trying and tasting...eating it too if I may say so:)

Usha June 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM  

Nice twist to traditional dessert. I am in for anything chocolaty. Yum yum

Pavani N June 5, 2013 at 1:56 AM  

Yummy Valli. Chocolate shrikhand sounds verty exotic and delicious. Coincidentally I have a different shrikhand recipe coming up tomorrow :-)

Chef Mireille June 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM  

looks like chocolate pudding...great fusion

Anu Shoj June 5, 2013 at 7:05 AM  

simpel and easy...am sure kids will luv it....
New Post - Fruit Punch Popsicle

krishna June 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM  

hmm!!! lovely.. tell me should I use heavy-whipping cream ?

Wer SAHM June 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM  

innovative recipe ..wow chocolate with shrikhand

rekhas kitchen June 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM  

Wow what a fusion Valli you are tempting mee...

Hema June 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM  

I never liked the shrikand when I was a kid.. May be I must give this chocolate version a try!

Jayanthi Padmanabhan June 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM  

Looks yum!

Kitchen Queen June 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM  

i always make this but instead of chips i add something add in it.

divya June 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM  

Truly delicious...Such tempting clicks :)

Suma Gandlur June 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM  

Nice twist to the traditional fare. Looks like chocoholic's heaven. :)

Priya Suresh June 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM  

Fantastic and super chocolatey shrikhand, even i tried once with nutella and loved it.

Pallavi Purani June 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM  

Wow who would have thought of this one :)

Priya Srinivasan June 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM  

Superb twist to the traditional shrikhand!!! My Folks would be very happy to wipe clean that whole bowl!!!!

Harini-Jaya R June 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM  

Interesting twist to the traditional Shrikhand! I bet it is a choco-lover's dream dessert!!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan June 7, 2013 at 4:32 AM  

Adding chocolates to the already yummy dessert! Can never say no to chocolates :)

sushma June 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM  

Chocolate in Shrikand, this is new to me. A must try recipe

Nivedhanams Sowmya June 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM  

chocolates into shrikand... that is like adding sweet to honey!!! delicious and delicious join together making a Mega delicious dish!!!
Sowmya
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats

Sapana Behl June 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM  

Wow! Nice innovation with shrikhand! Must be yummy..

Saras June 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM  

Never made Kalakand with chocolate twist. Truly inviting and delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP