Pancakes with Rose Cookie Batter with Chocolate Sauce


I have always been proud of the fact that I never had a kitchen disaster in terms of recipe failing miserably that I had to dump the entire stuff in gutter. Of course there have been many instances when a recipe was not liked by all. In which case I would see if at least somebody liked it. I know I am not being very modest here, but then I think there is nothing wrong in knowing certain things about oneself. One main reason I would always attribute is the fact that I have a scientific approach to cooking. Understand the basic as to what happens when you mix a certain ingredients in certain way.

The problem mostly arises when you attempt a new cuisine and have no exposure or you haven't really understood the basic style. I heed to the principle that one should be scientifically artistic. 

Now coming back to the failures in your kitchen, I have always felt proud of the fact that I haven't had a need to throw away something because the recipe failed. So when Nandini wrote to me saying she would love to have a topic on Setting right kitchen Disasters, meaning you have a failed recipe on hand and you device a new recipe out of it. Somehow I was wondering if I would ever face myself in this situation. Needless to say, I tempted fate!

Within few days of my interaction with her, I was attempting to make Rose Cookies. You can read about my adventure and how I finally arrived at the recipe and method that worked out. However the first batch I made, was with 2 cups of flour and I didn't have the heart to dump it down the drain! Since it had sugar, I couldn't make bajjis, so the next best shot was making pancakes. And finally drizzling with Chocolate Sauce. 

I strongly believe chocolate can mask anything, so that's what I did!



I used the same recipe as I did again a week later. The trick was in seasoning and not a recipe fault.

I made the failed batter a little thinner by adding more water, heated a tawa and spread out really thin crapes. Once done, added chocolate sauce to the inner side, rolled up out.

Before handing it out, again drizzled sauce over it.

Konda loved it so much!




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 28

Labels: ,