Kodubale | Kodbale Recipe 2

When I choose Kodubale for Indian Cooking Challenge, I had selected two versions. One from Suma and another from Lathamma. I tried both versions back to back and ended up with too much of Kodubale on hand, one because I almost tried using the same proportion and second one recipe failed on me. So had to improvise. Suma's recipe worked out correctly for us, however something went wrong when I was making Lathamma's recipe. 

I am sure the recipe works out perfectly, something I did must have gone wrong. So I had to save the snack from going waste. The snack turned out soft and wasn't crunchy. So I had to resort to using other methods to make it crunchy. The taste was very good, only factor was that it wasn't crunchy. I ended up microwaving it for 10 mins and it ended up crunchy. I was very happy I was able to get the snack to munch.














Kodubale | Kodbale Recipe 2


Ingredients

Rice flour – 2 cups
Maida – 1/2 cup
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Pottukadalai / Fried Gram dal - 1/2 cup
Dessicated dry coconut / Kopra – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1 table spoon
Hing – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 2 cups for deep frying

How to make the kodubale

Grind the fried gram and kopra to a fine powder.

Lightly roast the wheat flour and maida together on a low flame till it turns light golden.

In a large bowl mix the rice flour, ground pottukadalai and the roasted flours.

Add ghee, salt, hing chilli powder and water and knead to a thick dough.

Heat oil in a kadai on a medium flame.

Take a little dough and shape into rings (Thickness of a pencil)

Fry a few rings at a time on low to medium flame, stirring occasionally.

When the sound subsides, drain and take out on a kitchen paper.

Store in air tight containers.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 28

Labels: , , , , ,