Coriander Adai | Kothamali Dosa ~ 101 Dosa Varieties!

>>  Sunday, May 5, 2013

Pin It

For the final day under Indian Breads, I asked everybody to make blended version. Under this your star ingredient has to be blended and made as an Indian Bread. When we talk about Indian Breads, many forget to list Dosas under this. And I wanted to take this opportunity to show how well we can get blended versions of Dosas that are so healthy and quick to make as well.

Even though I had planned this for a dinner, this makes a great breakfast item as it's got power packed lentils in it. However if you are tired and want a quick bite, you can still do as I did and have a quick meal on hand. As it was a Sunday evening, by the time I remembered it was quite late, so soaked it in hot water and it was all ready for grinding.


With house full of kids and not a single spot free, I know I haven't been able to write as much as I would normally wish. Lucky I had the dishes done during the weekend. Else you would seen me being even more hurried than before!

Before going further, this is the cake we had for Konda's birthday. She celebrated her 12th birthday and had great fun dancing with her cousins and brothers. More on later as I have just a short time on hand to do this post.

Being a Sunday, it's been a cooking day for me. So I enjoyed doing what I liked best! As one might assume, we are want of more folks to feed our daily dose, so it's good to have more people to enjoy your hard work. Hubby dear was going on asking if it was too much work, I said it wasn't, though I was sorely tempted to ask if I would've been excused from cooking if I said yes. Of course I won't dream of even asking or not preparing a feast for my sil and her family. I simply love the fact that I can try a variety with kids dishes with my nephew and niece, apart from the usual chocolate dishes.

I am only sad I couldn't make pizzas and burgers for them this time. It does feel nostalgic reading back that post, remembering that my twins were just 4 years. Now they act so grown up that I sometimes wonder if they were ever  While I don't have the instant pizzas I made for them, I can surely offer you this instant dosa for a quick meal though. 








Coriander Adai


Makes about 12 dosas

Ingredients Needed:

Raw Rice - 1 cop
Toor Dal - 1/4 cup
Navratna Dal - 1/4 cup
Chana dal / Bengal Gram - 1/4 cup
Urad Dal - 1/4 cup
Green Chilies - 2 long
Dry Red Chilies - 2 long
Ginger - 1"
Salt - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 cup tightly packed
Whole cumin Seeds - 1 tsp (to be added to the batter as whole)

How to make the Coriander Adai

Take all the lentil and rice, wash and soak for 2 hrs mim.

Drain the water and in a mixer/grinder add the chilies, ginger, salt and the lentils, rice. Add water as required to make a smooth batter.

When all the lentil and rice is ground, remove to a bowl.

Wash and chop the coriander leaves roughly. Take the leaves in a mixer and add 1 cup of batter to the leaves and grind again.

Add whole cumin seeds

Heat a tawa and grease well. As you do with regular dosa, spread a ladle full of batter and sprinkle oil over the top.

Flip on the both sides and cook

Serve with Chutney / Podi



Notes:

I soaked in covered hot water as I forgot to soak on time. So I managed with just about an hour or so.

Also you can mix the coriander mix with the amount of batter you need. So you can make this separately and mix as much as you want.

I served both coriander adai and plain as I didn't have much leaves left.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 28


11 comments :

vaishali sabnani May 5, 2013 at 9:16 PM  

Valli, this one surely will rock in my house. Hubby's love for South Indian is increasing, and this dosa will be served this week for sure. Super one.

Preeti Garg May 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM  

This chilla or pancake.. look so tempting and green color look beautiful.

Corporate to Kitchen May 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM  

This is totally new to me. I have never made this type of dosas. BTW dont we need to keep them overnight to ferment? I am planning to make this for breakfast tomorrow

Arthy Suman May 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM  

healthy adai for me...

Suja May 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM  

looks healthy valli..

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 12:28 AM  

Belated wishes to your daughter. My
daughter is also a May kid and she is also going to be 12. :)
Though I have used other greens, the coriander leaves idea never struck to me. The dosas must be flavorful.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi May 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM  

Belated birthday wishes to Konda! Love the flavorful dosas. I am also to try colorful dosas for my kids.

Padmajha PJ May 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM  

Belated b'day wishes to Konda :)
And I never really thought of dosas to fall under the bread category!!
And I could almost feel the aroma of the coriander adai when I was reading your post.Super Srivalli :)

Chef Mireille May 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM  

very healthy and colorful!

Pavani N May 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM  

Belated B'day wishes to Konda.. I'm a Taurean too.. bunch of stubborn heads :-)
Green Dosas sound delicious.. Never tried before -- will try soon.

Priya Srinivasan May 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

Belated Birthday Wishes to your Daughter valli!!!
Adai looks very colorfu, never knew that Indian Breads include Dosa's too!!! Me and my Ignorance!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP