Vanilla Icecream With Ready made Ice Cream powder

>>  Friday, April 19, 2013

Pin It

After having always made the Ice cream base myself, when I saw these ready to make Ice cream mixture I was very tempted to try one during this week. I know I made a mistake with my freezer not working to it's full capacity and with so many ice cream flavours coming out, it's been so hard. I am hoping we would complete all the flavours by the time I make the next one.

When I started to make out the Vanilla Ice cream, the recipe called for 2 litres of milk. I simply went ahead with a litre and somehow sort of followed with the rest in the typical eyeball fashion. The day I follow a recipe to the T, would surely be a special day. Well coming back to my experience of making ice cream from ready made pack, the moment the mix was boiled, it simply looked like a custard base. I was so disappointed and upset! I concluded that I was taken for a royal ride. 
Thinking that I might have to title this post as "Expected Vanilla Ice Cream turned out to be custard"! I was also thinking how smartly I might have to put across this recipe, given that fact that I don't have time, nor energy to make another dish. Plus the amount of milk and butter that has gone into this. Well the taste was very good, so if actually serve this dish saying it's a custard, you got your money back is what I decided. This was yesterday. Meaning I rushed in to make this before I left for work, came home at night to see the texture being still custard like. I was dishearten  However with a trait that comes to food bloggers, I was hopeful I will make something of this dish and get my folks to eat and proclaim that this was the best custard they have had in their life! 

A day later, thankfully, I need not resort to any of those tactics. When I took it out the ice cream bowl, it was thick and creamy. All I had to do was whip it again and put it back. I had given both Vanilla and chocolate that I made with this to Konda and she said wow it tastes like the shop one. I asked if the other flavours that she had been enjoying all these days, she very diplomatically said all those tasted great as well, however this tastes like a shop one. Kids know how to talk!

Sending this to Pavani, who is hosting Kid's Delight, themed on "5 Ingredient Fix"













Vanilla Ice cream with Ready made powder

Ingredients Needed:

Vanilla Ice cream ready-made powder - 100 ml
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar 1 & 1/2 cup
Unsweetened butter - 100 ml

How to make Vanilla Ice cream

In a bowl, empty the vanilla ice cream powder, add sugar, 50 gms butter, boiled milk. Cook over medium flame, till the liquid thickens. 

When the consistency becomes thick, switch and allow to cool.

Freeze and let it set till firm. Remove and beat again.

Freeze again till it sets. 

Once set, serve with chocolate ganache and chocolate chip!


Notes:

After 6 hrs of setting or immediately after being cooked, this will look more like a custard, you should freeze it further for it to set.



Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


19 comments :

Swetha April 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM  

Hi Srivalli. This is Swetha. Im interested to Join in Blogging Marathon. How to add my Blog?

Visit my blog:
http://swethavantalu.blogspot.com/

Priya Suresh April 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM  

This icecream powder is definitely very handy, wish i get few scoops rite now.

Pavani N April 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM  

I remember my mom used to make Icecream from the box when we were growing up. Very convenient indeed.
Kids these days can really talk. My 5 year old has something to say about everything -- some good and some not so good :-)

vaishali sabnani April 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM  

Have never tried making ice cream with powder...I understand how you feel when things don't turn out the way you hope they would...but I am glad the final outcome was great..it does look cool with that chocolate sauce:))

Archana Potdar April 19, 2013 at 9:57 PM  

Soem how Valli everytime I see your ice cream posts I remember A'bad! This one reminded me of teh kulfis we had. :) Silly but true. Love teh ice cream. Next time i will pick up the ice cream mix and not give it a royal ignore.

Preeti Garg April 19, 2013 at 11:02 PM  

Lovely icecream

Arthy shama April 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM  

Wow.. droolicious ice cream dear. Wud be great if you can link it to my summer spl event & Giveaway at http://savaadhjevana.blogspot.in/2013/04/summer-special-my-first-event-giveaway_19.html

Savitha Ganesan April 20, 2013 at 4:02 AM  

The taste does matters.not the shape and texture.loved your writings as always.

The Pumpkin Farm April 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM  

i also feel that having an icecream powder at home especially in summer is very handy, lovely icecream, loved the first picture

Nalini's Kitchen April 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM  

Wow!!that looks super delicious and tempting Valli..drooling here...

Suchi Sm April 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM  

Such an delicious and perfectly done icecream.....

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM  

Wow! Never tried making icecream with ready made powder!! Sounds interesting.

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM  

delicious and droolwrothy pictures.. love the first one!!! love chocolate ice cream more than this but can relish with the delicious ganache or sauce!!
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Rajani S April 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM  

Kids are really smart these days! Wonder how she spotted the difference (given that even now I can't tell it!). Anyway, we need to try everything once and if its good and convinient, we can try again...

Manju April 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM  

OMG this generation kids are so smart, yummy looking ice cream

veena krishnakumar May 2, 2013 at 5:16 PM  

haha...konda knows how to talk...never tried the mix..the icecream/custard looks delicious:-)

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM  

Love Icecream

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:07 AM  

I don't think I have ever tasted ice cream made from a box. Probably have to look out for these now. :)
Glad that the situation got salvaged without any additional efforts and the kids enjoyed.

78242 July 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM  

today i am going to try this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP