badge


Stuffed Paneer Pakora | Aloo Paneer Stuffed Pakoda

>>  Tuesday, April 2, 2013

For the second day of Party special, I decided to go with Paneer! Now nothing can go wrong with a Paneer snack, especially having handful of Paneer Freaks at home. I was so glad when I realised my kids love anything with Paneer. Infact I must have made all possible snacks with these delicious treat.

There has been time when we eat out, kids opt for Paneer instead of chicken. That has been their liking to Paneer, so it is only natural that I select this for the list. As I said I have almost covered all possible versions one might innovative with Paneer, still I always had that sandwich paneer I once saw Sanjeev Kapoor making. Some stuffing along with Green chutney between two layers of Paneer, then dipped in a batter of besan and gently fried till golden. All crispy and tasty, waiting for you to take it and dip into a sauce and let your senses be overtaken!
Somehow in the end, that recipe again had to take a back seat. I ended up making something different. Today's special is where I made the paneer as the stuffing or rather had a coating for it with Aloo. As a crowd pleaser, this recipe tops. You have aloo, paneer and above all, deeply fried. Let me warn you ahead, if you are unaware, this id surely a dish that would cause your downfall!

This hardly takes time, when you microwave your aloo and then have paneer all ready. I made this for evening snacks. As I said I gave the kids a mini party, hoping to recreate the party atmosphere and had served the Orange Punch along with these. They infact arranged it such that they had a party going on for themselves. 

Boys had their first day at school. Following customs, I got them ready and clicked a picture before they left. Konda was teasing on how I never fail to do this. I told her that I have a penchant such things. Chinnu had his first tooth fall and I saved it. He was so happy that I did. Infact Amma and Hubby dear used to tease me non stop when I used to save up all of Konda's first things. They tell me that I need to have a separate room just for all those memorabilia.  

Now coming back to the school, they had their books all given, that needs to be covered and labelled. FIL came just for that and I helped him cover all the books and a huge pile just got over. 

Coming back to the recipe, here is a close up after taking a bite!













Aloo Stuffed Paneer Pakoras

Ingredients

For the Paneer

Paneer - 250 gms
Lemon Juice - 1 - 2 tsp
Salt to taste

For the Stuffing

Boiled Potatoes - 2 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Green Chili paste - 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp

For the outer layer

Gram flour/  Besan - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Water to make a batter

Oil for deep frying

How to make the Stuffed Aloo Paneer Pakodas

For the Paneer

Clean and cut paneer as squares. Squeeze lemon juice and salt. Mix well and keep it aside.

For the Aloo stuffing

MW aloo for 4 mins after slashing the outer layer with knife. Once done, soak in water for the skin to peel off. Press with fork to make a paste.

Heat a non stick pan with oil, add ginger garlic and green chilies, saute well. Then add the mashed aloo, cumin powder, salt. Mix everything well.

To make the Pakodas

Transfer the aloo to a bowl, take the paneer pieces, make a coating of the aloo stuffing all over the paneer and make sure it covers completely.

Make a thick batter of the besan with all the ingredients for the batter.

Dip the aloo covered paneer into the batter and ensure it is covered all over.

Heat a kadai with oil. When it is hot, gently drop the paneer and fry on all sides till golden brown.

Drain once done to a kitchen towel.

Enjoy this snack with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.



Notes:

You don't need a very firm paneer for this. So home made works just fine.

I used frozen ginger garlic paste, green chili paste. Else you can grind everything together. Optionally you can add onions as well to the masala.

Paneer Bonda
Paneer 65
Paneer Fingers
Paneer Tikka Kabab
Paneer Aloo Sheekh kebab
Paneer Pakoras


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


29 comments :

Corporate to Kitchen April 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM  

That's an amazing looking pakoras. So tender & creamy stuffing! I am sure it must be melt on your mouths type:)

The Pumpkin Farm April 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM  

i believe pakoras with paneer are on ur menu of favorite food items, looks delicious

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM  

Beautiful recipe and lovely write up! I wish my kids loved paneer to this extent. They love tofu, so I substitute all the paneer dishes with tofu :)

Kalyani April 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM  

reading this at 9am in the morning is still making me hungry.. wish someone makes this for me, soon :-)

Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

Kalyani April 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM  

reading this at 9am in the morning is still making me hungry.. wish someone makes this for me, soon :-)

Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

Nisha April 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM  

I'm drooling :) ,just need a cup of tea

Priya Suresh April 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM  

Love to finish that whole plate anytime, paneer and aloo,cant ask more.

Nilu A April 2, 2013 at 3:19 PM  

This is a wonderful and tempting recipe - love it! I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog... http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

vaishali sabnani April 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM  

oh !..how I love to collect such stuff!..for me the list is endless!..and I must say I like the idea of stuffing paneer in aalloo..it is an absolute hit combo..fried!..well it surely tastes good:)

Suchi Sm April 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM  

Intresting Tea time snack.. also this can be a starter for special parties...

Suchi Sm April 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM  

It's a best snack for tea time and can be used as starter for special parties...

Archana Potdar April 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM  

Wooow this something to die for. Love it love it. Just now the girls were pestering me to make bhajiyas is this an omen! (I avoid deep frying like plague)

Nalini's Kitchen April 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM  

very innovative and wonderful recipe...kids would love it...

Arthy Suman April 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM  

wowweeee, looks so crispy and yummy...

Savitha Ganesan April 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM  

Love the idea of stuffing.cute looking pakoras.Valli, I am going to post the whole week this week and seasonal week.But my name is under alternate weeks.Can you edit that .Thanks in advance.

Pallavi Purani April 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM  

Wat an interesting combination. Love it

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM  

Amazing crowd pleasing pakodas!

divya April 3, 2013 at 2:15 AM  

look really tempting , i'm drooling

Chef Mireille April 3, 2013 at 3:48 AM  

love this combo - will def. b trying it

Pavani N April 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM  

What an absolutely delicious snack. Coating paneer with aloo sounds innovative and I'm sure it tasted amazing.

Rajani S April 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM  

I should also start the tradition of clicking on the first day to school! The trial party seems to be a success with your kids, judging from your happiness :)

Gayathri Kumar April 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM  

Even I have saved Sruti's tooth. The pakoras look so nice. Whenever I think of party dishes paneer comes first in the list...

Manju April 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM  

Good one, paneer potato and deep fried who will say no, all kids will love to grab this.

rekhas kitchen April 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM  

Such a perfect combination And stuffing paneer in aloo is a very interestin Idea Valli pakodas looks o tempting.

Suma Gandlur April 5, 2013 at 1:04 AM  

Amazing stuff when cooking for crowd.

Nisha Sundar April 5, 2013 at 8:28 AM  

Aaloo and paneer wondeful combination. I wish I could grab those bites. Always a hit in a party.

Preeti Garg April 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM  

Paneer pakora.. and specially stuffed , my fav
awesome snack for any party

veena krishnakumar April 9, 2013 at 8:16 PM  

Just when I think that I have exhausted all recipe ideas with paneer, here comes another one!!!Lovely

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:43 PM  

pakoras with chai are so delicious and perfect for winter!! i am so drooling here!! love the pictures!
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP