badge


Shengdaana Lehsun Chutney | Peanut Garlic Chutney for Vada Pav

>>  Wednesday, April 24, 2013


We are entering into the last and the fourth week of the full month Blogging Marathon. We had decided on four different themes for each week, and somehow the fourth week ended up being Crafts and arts, mostly related to food is what we all assumed and presumed. Anyway all for the artist that I am, I can hardly get myself interested to certain things. Whether I can actually do it or not is the point, I don't have interest. 

So when Rajani suggested for lesser mortals like us, we must take interest, meaning we can hardly pave our hands through a needle or in this matter waddle our way through food cravings. Of course Rajani was just being too modest and shy at not wanting too much attention to the finer things she is capable of. Well I wasn't worried that I might be cause for her readers to miss out some wonderful stuff from her, I was more worried about myself. So I jumped the gun and said we will do Misc. Now to my understanding I have always given Misc a very wide berth. If you must know more than what I can fit myself in..:)


Anyway that allowed me enough space to breathe and feel happy that I can actually plan something decant and not think I must throw up idea that a 4 year old might not want to even check out. In the process, I decided that the best I could do, given the situation, was a condiment theme. Now the bad rush was to take fancy pictures of all the condiment that I had to prepare in the process of making the previous posts.

Can you imagine the funny state, I shared the main recipe, left out all the chutneys and other sides. Imagine if at all somebody actually wanted to make the recipe, they must be wondering I am gone nuts! Anyway I would've been very happy had somebody actually asked me, well till now none did, so here I am finally presenting the sides that made those other dishes so complete and delicious. 

So for the next seven days you will be reading about the condiments that I had prepared during the marathon.

First in the series is the Peanut Garlic Chutney that makes up the delicious Vada Pav. I will leave the marathi pronunciation to yourself. Please feel free to practise it as many times as you want. I have given up!





Shengdaana Lehsun Chutney 

Ingredients Needed

Dry Coconut / Copra  - 1 cup
Sesame seeds - 1/3 cup
Roasted Peanuts, coarsely ground - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 15-20 cloves
Dry red chillies -  2 long
Salt to taste

How to make the chutney

Roast the coconut on a low fire till it begins to turn golden.

Roast the sesame seeds in the same way.

Mix all the ingredients except the peanuts together and grind in a food processor.

When done add the peanuts and mix well. Season with salt.




Notes

This dry chutney can actually go very well with rice as well.

When I used in Vada Pav, I increased the spice level by add chili flakes directly on the tawa and roasted the buns as I saw the cooks doing it in Ahmadabad. It was so delicious in fact.




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


15 comments :

Archana Potdar April 24, 2013 at 10:55 PM  

How I wish I can eat this chutney now. Vada pav I miss u.

I wish I had taken up the offer on misc too!

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM  

That is a nice recipe Valli.

Priya Suresh April 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM  

Sesame seeds and garlic in peanut chutney,thats truly mindblowing combo,how delicious and flavourful this chutney will be na;

divya April 25, 2013 at 5:56 AM  

looks soo yummy...

Foodiliciousnan April 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM  

Wow. I can go back to that afternoon when we had this and cholafali in Ahd. It was all so yum. Your kids have really had a treat this entire April month Valli!

ANU April 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM  

yummy chutney...
"Healthy Recipe Substitution" HRS EVENT Mar 20th to May 20th

Arthy Suman April 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM  

i have bookmarked this, will try sometime soon...yummm

The Pumpkin Farm April 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM  

this is diffierent from how we do , but that is the learning, i would love to make this when i do the vada pav next

vaishali sabnani April 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

my mouth is watering..thinking of the vada pav with this chutney.

Pavani N April 27, 2013 at 7:06 AM  

What an amazing chutney.. I love anything with peanuts and sesame seeds..

Manju April 30, 2013 at 8:20 AM  

I use to do same way, except sesame seeds.

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM  

Lovely collection of dip... nice one

Rajani S May 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM  

My two brothers and my mom are artistically talented (one draws well and the other used to make all sorts of things - like curtains with straw, ribbon feathers, rose from clothes and a of stuff). I have never ever been interested in this area, unfortunately.

So you can imagine my horror at having to do 7 days of Craft! There was no way I could do it...no talent and more importantly, no interest..

Thank you for being very understanding and letting lesser morals like me continue with food recipes :-). I loved BM27 and now looking forward to more of these yearly marathons...

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM  

Never tried mixing peanuts and sesame in chutneys. It sounds interesting.

Shobha May 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM  

Chutney looks yummmm !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP