Orange Lime Punch | Orange Fizzy Drink

>>  Monday, April 1, 2013

We are starting the Blogging Marathon # 27, which also happens to be a full month marathon. So for the next 30 days, you will see us running around, posting non stop. To make it even more fun and hectic, everybody wanted to have a theme dedicated per week. So the first weeks happens to be Occasions. second Traditional, third Seasonal and fourth Misc or crafts!

Now coming to Occasions, one can interpret in many ways. Occasions can be any event that happens in your home, be it a birthday party, anniversary or even some special pooja/ festival if you may tag it so. 

So to make it more easy to myself, I decided to take up Birthday party as I am going to plan for Konda's birthday pretty soon. Whether I will make all these or not, I told her that I am making special dishes this week on account of her birthday ahead. She infact celebrated her birthday last week, as her special day falls during vacation. Every year she gets a new dress specially for this and carries chocolates as well for her friends. I guess this is more fun as she gets to celebrate twice. Anyway I planned all the dishes with her approval and was glad that she and her brothers liked all of them

When I was thinking about birthday planning etc, I had infact had the actual planning in mind. Well as always things have a way of working on their own. And I was left with not much time on hand for an elaborate planning as such. Just that I managed to cook 2 -3 dishes together to make it look more like a party on its own.

For the next 8 days I will be sharing Kid friendly dishes that are approved by kids for their party. 

So let's welcome the kiddos with a Fizzy drink.

Now I am not a person who would approve of serving Pepsi or aerated drink to kids. In fact when my kids see that I got aerated drink for them, they get surprised. So on the rare occasion I do, I tell them that their father got it for them, so to keep up the image.

However for a change, I decided to make an Orange Punch Fizzy. I was inspired by the drink that Vaishali served us when she invited us to her home. If I remember right, she had used grapes, and oranges. Since I couldn't lay hands on grapes, though lemon would do the job quite well and top it with Sprite, you have a winner!

My kids simply loved it, imagine along with the mint leaves as well!

I used 4 Oranges, 1/2 lemon, 2 glasses of Sprite, 1 chilled glass water, 3 tsp sugar.

Stir and mix the sugar with orange and lemon well. Mix in sprite and water and serve chill.

You can top it with a lemon slice and mint leaves. Infact when I was serving them, I sort of crushed the lemon slice and mint leaves on top. 

Let me assure you that this drink was so refreshing

Boys are starting their new academic year today. They walk around with their nose high in air, because they are now Annas (elder bro) as they have juniors who will be joining 1st grade and call them Anna/ Bhai! You will get to hear this statement when they are around at least couple of times, as they are still so armoured about the fact. 

They also had a party on graduation day, and before hitting the bed with this drink in celebrations of the new year ahead.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 1, 2013 at 12:36 AM  

Looks delicious and such a fun and tangy drink to serve to the kids. Having the fizzy drink will make the kids feel older and they would love it.

WizzyTheStick April 1, 2013 at 12:53 AM  

Tis looks like a refreshing drink. Kids and adults are bound to like it.

Priya Suresh April 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM  

Even i'll be doing my BM posts with birthday party dishes.. I dont like serving sodas too, love this punch..Prefect refreshing drink.

Savitha Ganesan April 1, 2013 at 4:29 AM  

Great theme for this week Valli.Sure kids will love these drinks.Advanced birthday wishes for Konda.

vaishali sabnani April 1, 2013 at 5:45 AM  

Well unlike most health freaks, I love fizz, and always keep a crate of sodas in the store...anything made with a little fizz gives the drink a new avatar that punch with that dressing...Of course the kids will love it and when planning birthday , menu has to be their n wishes for Konda..lucky her..celebrating twice!

Rajani April 1, 2013 at 7:19 AM  

Wish Konda for me Valli. I like this drink, looks really refreshing and very easy to put together. I loved your narrative for this post, it's really nice to go through kids' journey in life :)

The Pumpkin Farm April 1, 2013 at 8:27 AM  

i am welcoming all drinks recipes ,as am planning to host a small summer party for my summer baby as well.

The Pumpkin Farm April 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM  

even i have a summer baby, so welcoming all drink recipes, this is very nice and loved the idea of topping lemon slice

Manju April 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM  

Interesting drink. kids will surely like this that too with sprite.. A quick recipe too for a busy party day.

veena krishnakumar April 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM  

I am sure Konda had a great birthday celeb at home and she must be exicted to celebrate with her friends as well. The fizzy drink looks super refreshing!!

Corporate to Kitchen April 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM  

They looks so refreshing. I love the ornage lime combination & they taste so good.

Kalyani April 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM  

I too dont subscribe to Fizzy Drinks / coke at home, but this sure is a crowd pleaser, Valli !

Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Summer Splash + Giveaway

Amrita Roy April 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM  

Perfect summer cooler..

Today's recipe:

Gujarati Zaika April 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM  

refreshing drink....nice pic

Pallavi Purani April 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM  

Such a refreshing drink for this weather. I shall do a birthday very soon too. Looking fwd to your dishes Valli. Good luck

Veena Theagarajan April 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM  

refreshing drink

Preeti Garg April 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM  

Lovely color and so perfect drink for anytime in summer...

Archana Potdar April 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM  

Awesome drink Valli. Wish konda for me. I will love this delicious drink.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM  

Good one. I also make it a point that the kids don't take in fizzy drinks at parties..One or two ounces of fizz (only lemon/orange soda) is what I allow them to enjoy on a rare party.

Nalini's Kitchen April 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM  

looks so refreshing ..I am also going to share orange mocktail with love this for sure...

Suchi Sm April 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM  

Delicious drink for summer........

Suma Gandlur April 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM  

That colorful and refreshing, especially for the Indian summers.

Nisha Sundar April 2, 2013 at 3:06 AM  

Wow started off the marathon with a punch. :) A refreshing thirst quench for the coming summer. :)

divya April 2, 2013 at 3:21 AM  

looks very tempting. Irresistible.

Gayathri Kumar April 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM  

The drink looks perfect for the party. Even Sruti is all excited to start her class II today. Give my wishes to Konda for her birthday Valli...

Saraswathi Tharagaram April 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM  

This punch is pretty much a standard at all my holiday parties.Not only kids LOVE it even adults enjoy it most.. My blessing and wishes to dear Konda..

Padmajha PJ April 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM  

Lil Angel has never had fizzy drinks except for the time she took sip and had a'nose tickle' as she calls it. She hated that effect!So only fresh juices for her but I would love to have this!Love the color Srivalli.

Foodiliciousnan April 3, 2013 at 12:50 AM  

Oh This seems so simple, pretty and refreshing Valli. You know I somehow forgot to plan for a welcome drink and ended up buying some ready juice concentrate for Ikshu's bday last month. Will remember this (hopefully) next time!

Pavani N April 3, 2013 at 6:53 AM  

That's a very refreshing fizzy drink. I'm sure the kids lived it. Good luck to the little annas for their new academic year.

A Kamalika Krishmy April 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM  

Just by reading the post i felt so refreshed.. what a combination of flavors along with Fizz.. I agree with vaishali when she says adding fizz.. brings out a new avatar of the drink...

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM  

The pictures are AWESOME!!! felt like my thirst getting quenched !!! so refreshing and so flavorful!!
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP