badge


Icecream Tiramisu | How to make Eggless Ice cream Tiramisu

>>  Tuesday, April 23, 2013


For the finally day of Seasonal Cooking, I made Ice cream Tiramisu. The first time I came to know about this dessert was of course through blogs. Though I have been forever planning to make the cake or whatever that it is supposed to be, I finally ended up making this Icecream

Tiramisu is an Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks and mascarpone cheese, and flavored with Marsala wine and cocoa. The recipe has been adapted into many varieties of puddings, cakes and other desserts. This is just what the explanation for the name goes, whereas many seems to have adapted making Tiramisu by different ways. The way it is layered alternating with coffee soaked biscuits, surely makes a great dessert. 

Icecream Tiramisu
Ice cream Tiramisu
When I made the Vanilla and Chocolate Icecream, I decided to save some to make these for the final day. I was almost not sure if I would be able to make it. We went for a weekend wedding at Cochin and came back home with all the boys falling sick with fever. Since I had scheduled the Aam Panna, it was such a saver. 

I took the day off for moral support, it turned out that kids were more engrossed in TV than wanting my support. It is only natural that I made the best use of the time I could get and made this right away. To make things worse we have a power fluctuation and the microwave would not function more than 30 secs. With much struggle, I finally baked two sets of Vanilla and Chocolate cakes for the individual serving. I was supposed to bake a bigger one and cut shapes. Well I felt it was much easier to bake in those cute little tupperware cups I have.


















Vanilla Sponge Cake and Chocolate Cake in Microwave

All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Icing Sugar - 3 tsp
Vanilla essence few drops
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp

For the chocolate cake

Cocoa - 2 tsp
Icing Sugar - 1 tsp

First blend the batter for the Vanilla Sponge Cake. Scoop out two ladles of batter and transfer to a 1/4 cup baking cup. Microwave for 2 mins. Allow to cool down.

To the remaining batter add the cocoa powder and a tsp of icing powder. Equally divide the batter inot the baking cups and again bake for 2 mins.


Icecream Tiramisu

To make 2 individual servings

Ingredients Needed

Chocolate Icecream - 2 - 3 scoops
Vanilla Icecream - 2 scoops
Instant Coffee powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Vanilla Sponge Cake
Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Syrup - 2 tsp
Drinking Chocolate - 1 tsp
Chocolate Chip



Boil 1/4 cup of water with sugar until it melts, dissolve the instant coffee in it and keep it aside.



To assemble the Tiramisu

In the serving bowl,
Pour the Chocolate Syrup.
Place the Vanilla icecream.
Next goes the Chocolate Sponge Cake
Second scoop of Vanilla Icecream
Second Vanilla Sponge Cake
Drizzle the coffee decoction
Chocolate Ice cream
Vanilla Ice cream
Drinking Chocolate powder
Chocolate chip

Once all this is done, freeze till firm and serve



From the beginning of this full month Marathon, I always knew what I was going to do for the first two weeks and the last. The Seasonal theme was the only one that really scared me. Unintentionally I ended up selecting Ice Creams and was able to make it, even with a faulty freezer. 

I have always been making Ice creams, so this was nothing new for me. Except I went beyond my comfort zone of only chocolate flavour and used other flavours as well. I was glad that all the flavours turned out well and everybody at home loved it. 

I am hoping to save up these two so that everybody can get to eat this. 




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


20 comments :

Priya Suresh April 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM  

Thats an elegant and very attractive summer dessert,tiramisu loos incredible.

spicyrecipes April 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM  

Wow.. delicious. .
Happy to follow you.. plz come visit my baby blog

Shruti Dhingra Wahi April 23, 2013 at 6:27 PM  

Drooling :)
Shruti Rasoi
American Chop Suey

Kitchen Queen April 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM  

delicious and temtping cups.

PriyaVaasu April 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM  

Looks Delicious!!! :)

Priya R April 23, 2013 at 7:36 PM  

Superb dessert and so perfectly done :) make me want to have tiramisu now

Savitha Ganesan April 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM  

Your mind blowing recipes,simple steps always inspire me a lot.Love this easy tiramisu ice cream cake.

Arthy shama April 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM  

Very nice dessert, yummy summer treat!! Ongoin giveaway http://savaadhjevana.blogspot.in/

nayana April 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM  

A very rich and delicious dessert fit for special occasions

The Pumpkin Farm April 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM  

this is cool idea, to serve icecream as tiramisu

Divya Kudua April 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM  

Such a lovely idea,got to try this!

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM  

That is so droolworthy... Very detailed post and also very well explained!!
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Wer SAHM April 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM  

elegant dessert.... like this without eggs

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM  

AVery elegant dessert, Valli.

Archana Potdar April 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM  

Awesome. The best part is I can always buy the ice cream when in a hurry. Thanks Valli this will be my gift to my friends' daughter on her b'day.

Rajani S April 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM  

Wow! This is so easy to put together. I esp.liked the idea of those cute MW cakes. The entire treat looks so fabulous!

Nalini's Kitchen April 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM  

Very inviting Tiramisu,looks fabulous and loved the eggless version...

Pavani N April 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM  

Love that last click Valli--with the cocoa fork, very cute.
Ice cream tiramisu sounds delicious. I'm planning to make chocolate ice cream this summer. Will definitely try this then.

veena krishnakumar May 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM  

I am not showing this to vibha:-)...looks awesome valli..delicious

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:11 AM  

Delicious dessert.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP