Homemade Tandoori Masala | How to make Tandoori Masala

>>  Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pin It

Having homemade spice powders is always a boon. I normally never buy readymade powder other than Channa Masala and Pav Bhaji Masala. I have even tried my own Channa Masala, which is still setting idle, waiting for the book to be published. Apart from these two, I have always made sure I grind my own masala powder. One of the main spice powders have been the Biryani Masala Powder, which turns out so well. I have used that powder in different recipes and have always ended up with a delicious dish.

Everybody at home loves tandoor dishes. I looked up many recipes both from net and from the books. Each one has it's own story and different flavours. I finally adapted from Mallugirl, I had loved her grilling when she had done. So when it was finally my chance for me make these, I ended up making it first with Aloos and many more followed. Tandoori Aloo was the first dish I made with this powder. Tandoor Paneer Tikka was simply awesome with this masala.





Tandoori Masala

Ingredients Needed:

Cumin Seeds - 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds -  2 tsp 
Cinnamon Sticks - 1"
Cloves - 2 -3 
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Kashmiri chili powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Powder - 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder  - 1 tsp.
Mace Powder 1 tsp.

How to Make the Tandoori Masala

Dry roast all the whole spices until they smoke. Cool and take all the powders and whole spices and dry grind in a Mixer. Refrigerate in an air tight container. This can easily stay over a month.



Notes:

Since I had garlic powder, it became easy to add in this masala, else you can mw for few minutes and then dry it for 10 - 15 for it to be used before making the powder.

I stored this and used in different subjis as well.



Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


11 comments :

Hari Chandana April 27, 2013 at 9:23 AM  

Very useful post.. thanks for sharing !!

vaishali sabnani April 27, 2013 at 5:04 PM  

Book marked...the color looks fantastic!..I just make garam masala..rest are all store bought, but then I hardly use any special channa masala or tikka masala..

Priya Suresh April 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM  

Mine will always be dull in colour, the colour of the tandoori masala looks super fabulous.

The Pumpkin Farm April 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM  

i have plans to make a lot of homemade masalas this year, so all recipes are welcome, this is definitely must have one

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM  

Looks very good. I haven't used Tandoori Masala in my cooking yet!

Nalini's Kitchen April 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM  

Thank you so much for the wonderful post..I always prefer the home made but mine is not so flavorful,the store bought is loaded with artificial colors,now I can make it at home..bookmarked.

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM  

What a flavorful combo of spices

Pavani N May 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM  

I made tandoori masala recently. Haven't used it in any recipe yet, will have to do so soon. It is so simple to make at home, they charge an arm and leg for it in the grocery store.

Rajani S May 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM  

I dont think you will be surprised if I tell you that I use only readymade powders :D. I have never made even sambar powder at home (MIL sends it across, knowing my nature!).

The tandoori masala looks good and sounds flavorful. May be I should try this sometime...

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 12:59 AM  

Never used it before and so obviously never made it either.:)
Sounds flavorful.

Archana Potdar May 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM  

Thanks this is bookmarked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP