Green Chutney | Mint Coriander Chutney for Chats

>>  Friday, April 26, 2013

Pin It

Green Chutney or Mint Coriander Chutney is another one of those chutneys you surely would need when making chats. When I knew I have to make handful of chats, I made a huge batch of this chutney and refrigerated. Since we like our chats spicy, I was quite liberal with the chilies in this chutney, as the sweetness was taken care by the Dates Tamarind Chutney.

As with all chutneys, this too has come up the blog in different avatar. While I was contemplating if I need to post a simple chutney as this, I was hoping that there are folks out there who, like me, forget where to find it right away. Yes another version of Green chutney is hidden within some posts, that I can never find it when I want. With a Recipe Index that hardly gets updated, you can imagine my plight!

School closed today for the boys, and yes they managed to miss the entire week. They won't budge from their place, after being so used to sleep late. When we threatened them with dire consequences like a week more of school, Peddu stirred slightly saying he will go today. By then it was time for the bus and we said he anyway can't make it. We finally told them that they will be having an extra week of school. Not sure if they actually believed me, but they looked worried enough.

I was early to home today because of full day power shutdown. As always when I get home early, my only notion would be to complete my work early on. However as always the never ending phone calls and the kids hungama never lets me work in peace. I am glad that all I had to do is simply write, which I can do while talking to people as well.

Mint Coriander Chutney

Ingredients Needed

1 bunch fresh mint
1 bunch fresh coriander
Garlic - 5 -6 cloves
Ginger - 1"
Green chillies - 4
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp

How to make the Green Chutney

Wash and trim the leaves. chop them roughly. take all the ingredients in a mixer and pulse it to get them evenly chopped. Then slowly add water and run for couple of times for the leaves to get ground to a smooth paste.

Adjust the spice and add more chilies if it's not spicy.
Notes:


Instead of cumin seeds you can add ajwain as well. If you want this to be a spread, you can mix in hung curds to make it more thick.

In season, you can add few slices of raw mango to get that tangy taste as well.




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


13 comments :

Priya Suresh April 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM  

I cant imagine chaat foods without this green chutney,love this aromatic chutey.

Sanoli Ghosh April 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM  

Yummilicious. Can't imagine chats without this flavorful chutney.

today's post:
http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/04/sweet-mango-pickle-aam-ka-mitha-achar.html

vaishali sabnani April 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM  

Love mint chutney, and you are right when you say can't do without this one in chaats. Work and talk... That is a good one.

Chef Mireille April 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM  

one of my fave chutneys - I love mixing this with the tamarind and its perfect for Indian chaats

divya April 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM  

Wow ! Looks soooooooo inviting !

Rajani S April 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM  

Easiest of the recipes are the hardest to find! So this recipe needs a space for itself in the blog Valli :-).

Pavani N April 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM  

I know how hard it is to find recipes in my blog too.
Green chutney is so simple and basic, but I guess everyone has their own version of it.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM  

Cannot do without this chutney when having any chaat :)

The Pumpkin Farm April 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM  

this is a must have at our place

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM  

tasty dip

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM  

tasty dip

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:14 AM  

Yummy one. I skip the garlic part.

Archana Potdar May 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM  

Valli you can type as well as talk? you are making me as green as your delicious chutney. I need Akanksha out if I am doing my typing for I cannot focus with her nonstop jabbering. :)
Love the chutney

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP