Garlic Chutney | Lahsun ki Chutney for Chats

>>  Sunday, April 28, 2013

Next in the chutney series, is a Garlic chutney that I made for Dabeli. It's really garlicky and spicy. When I started the series of Chat last month, everybody at home loved all of them. I am lucky in that Athamma always likes what I make. So even if hubby dear doesn't like something I can always be sure that I have at least one person who would willing try it out.

And of course Konda is such an age, where she likes whatever I make. Infact she saw the Tandoori Masala and was upset she wasn't given it. I said I had made an Aloo with it, which she might not eat. She said she would and wanted me to make it again. Of course I would make Paneer Tikka with that masala.

For now you can check out this Garlic Chutney, that not only made the Dabelis very delicious, these can be a great dish to spread over dosas and pancakes if you so wish!


Garlic Chutney / Lahsun ki chutney

Ingredients Needed

Garlic / Lahsun, peeled - 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Dry chilis - 5 -6 nos
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

How to make the chutney

Dry toss the chilies along with cumin seeds. Once cooled, take it along with peeled garlic and pulse it to a fine paste.

Add as little water as possible. Store in an air tight container


This can easily stay good for couple of days when refrigerated because garlic is fresh. This can be used as spread over dosas as well.

Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


Hasna Hamza Layin April 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM  

a spicy nd delicious dip.. i love garlics

The Pumpkin Farm April 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM  

i wish to dip a crusty bread into this and munch , yumm

vaishali sabnani April 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM  

It is always stocked in the frig..and trust me that bowl, tells me to go and eat something made with it..may be will add to the mouth's watering Valli:))

Priya Suresh April 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM  

Garlic chutneys are one of my weakness, love to have like a spread over a toasted bread..

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM  

I am sure my husband will relish it!

Corporate to Kitchen April 29, 2013 at 8:07 AM  

I love garlic & this sounds like a great relish!

Suma Gandlur May 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM  

I don't eat garlic and so cannot comment about the flavor and similar things.:)
However my husband would love to finish off that bowl.

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM  

We never taste garlic... it's look nice

Pavani N May 3, 2013 at 3:36 AM  

Garlic chutney sounds so flavorful and spicy.
I think your daughter inherited your food genes. You have a budding cook in the house.. Very nice.

Rajani S May 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM  

This pairs so well with anything! bookmarked!

Archana Potdar May 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM  

That's all there is to making this chutney? Valli this is awesome. I ma stocking my fridge with this.

Manju May 15, 2013 at 3:36 AM  

So flavor full one trust me my tounge is watery now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP