badge


Dabeli Masala | Homemade Dabeli Masala Powder

>>  Monday, April 29, 2013

When I was making Dabeli, I was odd for posting the entire post without the chutney or the Dabeli Masala. The first time I ever heard about Dabeli was from a blog. And it was the Dabeli Masala powder. It was it was by Sia, not sure. However the pictures were so captivating that I had to research on the chaat item further. 

Over the years I have read about many recipes, kutchi dabeli style recipes, bombay style and yes the recent Ahmedabad style as well. As I said I liked the Vada Pav better than Dabeli when I tasted for the first time in Ahmedabad. However when I made it myself, I loved my own version!

Check out the last but one in the one month long Blogging Marathon we have been doing!

Dabeli Masala




Homemade Dabeli Masala 

Whole dry Red chilli -  5- 6 long
Whole Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Whole Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon - 1"
Cloves - 2
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp

How to make the Dabeli Masala

In a dry non stick pan, toss the whole spices till the aroma starts leaving. Remove and cool. Take all the ingredients in a mixer and pulse to a smooth powder.

Store in an air tight container to be used for making Dabeli.

Dabeli Masala Powder

Notes:

The amount I got from the above measurement was enough for one time use. Increase if you want to make more and store.




Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


13 comments :

vaishali sabnani April 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM  

Living in Gujarat, I have never tried this masala, in fact I don't make dabeli too, but I like your zest for trying various spices at home.

Priya Suresh April 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM  

Dabeli is in my to do list since a long,dunno y am yet to try this wonderful food, btw love the variety of spice powders you make Valli,fantastic job.

Nilu A April 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM  

Flavourful dabeli masala powder.. Thanks for sharing.. Have bookmarked it..I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

Harini M April 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM  

Hi Srivalli, I would love to take part in blogging marathon,could you please explain the procedure

The Pumpkin Farm April 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM  

i love dabelis but never thought of making this masala at home, this surely looks simple

Foodiliciousnan May 1, 2013 at 1:04 AM  

When I made this some months ago, I made a larger quantity and lived adding it in place of our regular curry powder. However I did not add the chilli powder .I could also use your measures when I make this for ourselves alone

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi May 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM  

God one to have in the pantry. I should try to make dabeli soon!!

Suma Gandlur May 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM  

I have bookmarked another recipe during one of the marathons and it has more ingredients I think.
Love to try this.

Preeti Garg May 2, 2013 at 4:33 PM  

Wow.. lovely and flavorful spices

Pavani N May 3, 2013 at 3:34 AM  

Thanks for the recipe. I've been planning to make dabelis for a while now. Will make them soon.

Rajani S May 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM  

I too liked the vada pav better. May be should try a hand at making dabeli myself.....

I love the clicks and it so simple and yet so elegant.

Archana Potdar May 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM  

Beautiful clicks. Love the masala. In fact I love the fact its enough for 1 person. Easier to multiply than divide

Manju May 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM  

First time heared about debli here. Now the masala powder too. Will try this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP