badge


Chocolate Sundae | Chocolate Ice Cream with Milk Powder topped with Chocolate Sauce

>>  Monday, April 8, 2013

For the final day of making Birthday party Dishes under Blogging Marathon a week of cooking up for an Occasion, I ended up making the most favourite of all. I couldn't pass off a birthday party without making an Ice Cream right. With my Kids loving only Chocolate, it had to be yet another version. This time I tried with Milk powder and topped with a chocolate sauce that was even more rich!

With a fridge that has been seriously complaining on the load I inflict on it, the freezer has almost frozen to its capacity. Nevertheless, I felt I had to satisfy my own craving by making another ice cream. I was hoping to pack this off to parent's place to set. 

As I had said yesterday, my boys have this uncanny way to decipher that I am cooking with chocolate, the moment they see certain things on the kitchen counter. As always it slipped my tongue and confessed to them that making of ice cream was in progress. I knew I got this on myself. However I couldn't help. After that, which was actually evening, until he went to bed, Peddu was asking me for it, with all sorts of expressions possible. I told him firmly that I was making an Ice cream and not milkshake, and that he has to wait till the morning for it to set. 


Morning came, in the haste to play, they almost forgot, not that it actually set. So I had to pack it off and evening was out with it, making the sauce I had planned. The moment I got the ice cream all set, I had to rush out for two things, one it was seriously going to melt on me, with the temperature hitting the highest yesterday, second with a trail of kids following the Ice cream box. 



Trust me, there is nothing more sinful than digging into a bowl of chocolate ice cream topped with the most delicious sauce I have made in recent times, straight from the photo shoot, before the kids could attack. That was the only small serving I got to taste myself.

I must confess the final dish was the cake on top, rather the ice cream on top..:)

This recipe is different from the previous ones that I have made, in terms of using Milk powder and also Stabilizers. Commercial or homemade Ice creams uses Stabilizers like GMS (Glycerol Monostearate) and CMC (Carboxy methyl cellulose). I had a box of GMS for a year or so, had dumped it. This time when I went to buy, was able to get hold of CMC only.

Also when you have blended the ingredients together, do not run it too much, else your Ice cream will have over run.

The Birthday Menu had these following dishes planned and executed!

Welcome Drink
Orange Lime Fizzy Punch

Starters
Stuffed Paneer Pakora
Cheesy Swirl Sticks

Main Course
Vada Pav
Savory Cheese Muffins
Healthy Colourful Beets and Carrot Paratha

Dessert
Eggless Chocolate Cake with Oreo Cookies and Choco Sauce
Chocolate Sundae with Chocolate Sauce


Chocolate Sundae with Chocolate Sauce in Pictures















Chocolate Sundae with Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients Needed

Milk powder – 1 cup
Corn flour - 2 tsp
Milk – 2 cups
Fresh Cream – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cocoa – 3 tsp
CMC - 1/2 tsp.
Vanilla essence – 1 cap

How to make Chocolate Ice Cream

In a bowl, take the milk powder, add corn flour, CMC. Boil milk in a pan, add sugar and let it melt.

In a small pan, take the cocoa powder and mix with milk to get a lumpless paste.

Mix this slowly to the milk and stir everything well.

Now add this mix into the milk powder and combine everything together. Using a blender, blend for couple of times.

Finally add the essence and cream and pulse again.

Transfer to a freezing tray and put it in the freezer.

Allow it to set and once done, top with Chocolate Sauce and chocolate chips



Notes:

Since I have a freezer problem, the ice cream was melting faster. Else it does hold its shape well.

Other Ice Cream Recipes

Chocolate Ice Cream

Mango Ice Cream 
Milk Ice Cream | Pal Ice, Indian Style 
Soft Serve Banana Ice Cream 
Chocolate Kulfi 
Kesar Kulfi Recipe 




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


19 comments :

Deepa G Joshi April 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM  

forget kids..even I am equally excited when ice-cream is in the making. Ice cream looks so creamy and the chocolate sauce is a fantastic addition. I bet the ice-cream is finished now. :)

Foodiliciousnan April 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM  

The ice-cream looks so delish,!, put up the chocolate sauce menu to. Sounds and looks sinful. And I just love your party menu!

WizzyTheStick April 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM  

A totally yummy looking ice-cream recipe.

Priya Suresh April 9, 2013 at 1:38 AM  

Can i get few scoops, droolworthy chocolate sundae.

Teena Mary April 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM  

Ahh yummy dessert!! Perfect for a hot day :)

Veena Theagarajan April 9, 2013 at 6:20 AM  

who can say no :-)

Savitha Ganesan April 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM  

I can have these any time of the day.lovely.

vaishali sabnani April 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM  

Never tried making ice cream with milk powder...some how I can't get to use these powders...must have used these some 20 years back..but no more..cream makes it pretty good...love the menu and chocolate icecream is perfect to finish off.

Rajani S April 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM  

Good that you got to taste test first, that is an experience, right?

The ice cream looks absolutely great! Wish I could have some...

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 9, 2013 at 7:34 PM  

Yup no Birthday party can be complete without ice cream!! Lovely treat for the kids!

divya April 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM  

Mouthwatering.... Nice clicks

Pallavi Purani April 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM  

I have never made ice cream at home. Should try it soon. you make it look very simple :)

Suchi Sm April 10, 2013 at 7:34 PM  

sure will try this soon...

The Pumpkin Farm April 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM  

seeing the pictures i want to eat it right away, bookmarked

Manju April 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM  

Lovely ice cream with milk powder.

Archana Potdar April 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM  

When is the next part VAlli. Between all the dishes you hav ehere I think it will be easier if I come down to have them at your place than me working in the sweltering heat.

Suma Gandlur April 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM  

I always feel like bookmarking a recipe and trying it is the highest compliment you can give a recipe. Have bookmarked this one to try. :)

veena krishnakumar April 17, 2013 at 9:18 PM  

Vibha says we need to shift to nungambakkam:-)lovely...

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM  

OMG!!! That is sooooo tempting... cannot take my eyes off the pictures... with the scotching sun here, i would love to finish that entire bowl!!
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP