badge


Cheese Muffins | Savory Cheese Muffins ~ Easy Snacks for Kids

>>  Friday, April 5, 2013

It's a typical case of you start having something in mind and end up with something else. I have always liked the idea of baking fresh batch of savory muffins for breakfast and serving it right away. Well if thoughts always had a way, I might have actually achieved much more! Coming back to the point, I had decided to make a savory muffin and nothing else in my list of recipes planned, took more time in deciding what to add in than this one. 

For one, I was short handed in having a mode of transportation myself, which meant having to be dependent on somebody. Somehow offlate this didn't come up as the high point. I always enjoyed my bike and never would want to venture with somebody else driving. Unfortunately state of affairs being such that I now depend on somebody and it was never the right time. Which meant I couldn't get my can of corn. I had planned on making Corn Cheese Savory Muffins. To make the story short, I had to compromise in having just cheese and for making it savory I added libaral dose of red chili flakes.


I finally took all the ingredients needed and kept in front, hoping I won't end up with a different recipe on it's own. You see once a while back, I had baked a cake with flour added with corn flour and the texture was really so good. Now I was hoping I can recreate the same texture in this savory muffin. In the confusion that always seem to happen when I set out to bake something, I completely forgot to add the corn flour. After putting it into the oven, my eyes fell on the corn flour and it was like a deflated balloon. I was hoping I would do this again sometime again. Maybe.











Ingredients Needed:

All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Red Flakes - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cheese - 1/2 cup
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Olive Oil - 2 tsp


How to make the Savory Muffins

Pre heat the oven at 185 Deg C

In a bowl take the flour along with all the ingredients and gently shift together.

Grease the muffin tray and spoon out into the muffin moulds.

Bake at 185 C for 12 mins and allow to cool down for couple mins.

Serve warm.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


18 comments :

Suchi Sm April 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM  

Lovely muffins

Archana Potdar April 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM  

Valli even I forget toadd some ingredients especially while baking.i baked a cake with no eggs or replacement for the eggs . the cake dont ask. flat as a chapati.:) The point being we all do that. Now these muffins are something at the back of my mind and planned to stay thera had it not been for your post.

Priya Suresh April 6, 2013 at 1:00 AM  

Love this cheesy muffins with some salads for my dinner rite now.

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM  

Those look so cute, Valli. I guess you can add the corn flour for yet another recipe!

Sandhya Ramakrishnan April 6, 2013 at 8:32 AM  

Savory muffin is something that I have never made before. The lovely white color of your recipe is so inviting...

Shruti Dhingra Wahi April 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM  

This looks something new !!!
shrutirasoi

Gayathri Kumar April 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM  

Looks very cheesy and delicious. Once I for got to add baking powder and the cake turned out hard. That is why chefs usually ask us to keep all the ingredients on hand before starting...

Arthy Suman April 6, 2013 at 4:05 PM  

omg muffin looks tasty...

Gujarati Zaika April 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM  

yummy muffins...

Sapana Behl April 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM  

Looking so yummy.
Hi , You have a nice blog with awesome clicks . I have started following you and it would be highly encouraging if you may follow me back too.
http://cookingwithsapana.blogspot.com
Thanks
Regards
Sapana

Raksha April 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM  

Looks yummy. Love cheesy stuff anytime :)

-Raksha
Raksha's Kitchen

vaishali sabnani April 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM  

I too land up in sch situations sometimes, but most of the times all the ingredients have to be on the counter before I start my work. All the same these look quite nice and any thing cheesy is appreciated.

Pavani N April 8, 2013 at 6:52 AM  

Cheese muffins look yummy. White muffins with red pepper flakes are looking quite appealing.

Padmajha PJ April 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM  

This is happening to me nowadays.With Lil wandering and rolling out vessels from the shelf, half the time I forget to put in one ingredient or the other mainly coz I have to keep an eye on him rather than on what I am cooking. Even today morning I forgot to add sugar to his coffee!

Anyways,cheese muffins do sound nice. I have never baked a savory muffin.Must do sometime...

Manju April 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM  

Hope this forgetting is quite comman, I always double check while baking, and it use to take more time for this, always if fingers crossed. Finally turned out good, nice and fluffy.

Suma Gandlur April 14, 2013 at 4:00 AM  

I am surprised by the color of the muffins but look perfect with those red speckles of chillie flakes.

Preeti Garg April 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM  

Lovey and cheesy muffins.. Kids will love it

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM  

delicious muffins... if you also added some green colored herbs, it would looked even more attractive!!! love savory muffins..
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP