badge


Almond Ice Cream | How to make Badam Ice Cream

>>  Sunday, April 21, 2013

Next, in the Ice cream series, you have Almond Ice cream to please your senses. I had this recipe for Roasted Almond Ice cream. Some as I was making it completely got changed into something else. The reaction was that the kids were playing on the system and I couldn't check out what went in. And I didn't want to keep asking them to give me a moment.

I think that calls for the almonds to be roasted and adding as such. I thought adding Badam powder would be even better. I had the MRT Badam mix, which is a badam drink flavoured with Cardamom. So ended up adding that along with Condensed Milk and cream. You can imagine how creamy the entire mix was. I couldn't wait to freeze this!  When I was about to click pictures, I simply garnished with almond slivers. Once the clicking was over, hubby dear was the first to taste and he wanted to complete the entire bowl. Boys were not interested as it wasn't chocolate, will have to convince them that it's Vanilla and add chocolate sauce!
We are leaving for a weekend trip to attend a marriage, so this post is scheduled. Boys are so excited about the trip as they are travelling by train since school started. The previous occasion they were very small and didn't know much. I know we are going to have a handful and quite some experience!

Will regale our tales once I am back until then enjoy this Almond Ice cream

Sending this to Pavani, who is hosting Kid's Delight, themed on "5 Ingredient Fix"


You know the mix is ready when it completely coats the back like this.

Almond Ice Cream

Ingredients Needed

Milk - 1/2 litre
Corn flour - 3 tsp
Badam Mix - 3 tsp
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup

How to make the Almond Ice Cream

Boil half a litre of milk, once it boils over, lower the flame and remove a cup aside and allow it to cool.

To the cup, add corn flour and make a lump less mix. Add this to the simmering milk. Next, add the Badam Mix and condensed milk.

Continue stirring, making sure the flame is in low. After 5 mins you will see the liquid getting thick as corn flour solidifies. When the back of the ladle is completely covered when you stir in, you know the mix is done.

Switch off and cool. When it is cooled, freeze it to set. This takes about 6 hrs.

Once set, while serving garnish with Almond slivers and enjoy!

Notes:

Since you are adding corn flour, condensed milk, there is less chance of ice crystallisation  happening. Still, you can whip it after one round of freezing.


Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


20 comments :

vaishali sabnani April 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM  

This looks really good. Tell me what does it taste like... Kulfi or ice cream.. Actually I hardly make ice cream.. Should start making, home made should be so so good.

Sunanda April 21, 2013 at 11:36 AM  

After a long time dear in your blog..Ice cream look yummy!!and so easy to make..
http://sunandaskitchen.blogspot.in/

Archana Potdar April 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM  

Valli your ice cream has me drooling. Yeh Dil Mange more!

The Pumpkin Farm April 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM  

looks so delicious and creamy, loved all ur icecream creations, have a great trip

Priya Suresh April 21, 2013 at 7:57 PM  

Even i have a packet of badam mix, this is definitely a very interesting icecream.Love to have few scoops.

Corporate to Kitchen April 22, 2013 at 7:40 AM  

hmmm.. I ma drooling... I love almonds in ice cream & I just feel like jumping into the bowl & having some:)

Pallavi Purani April 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM  

I love the idea of luscious ice cream on a dark serving bowl. Delish.

Srivalli April 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM  

Thanks everybody!

Vaishali, This surely was more like ice cream as I had added quite a bit of cream and condensed milk..

Suchi Sm April 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM  

Hw many icecreams u did for this season..... im stunned of ur wrk.....

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM  

Sinful and mouth watering!! What else can I say??

Savitha Ganesan April 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

I am literally falling in for your ice cream recipes.

anu April 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM  

Hey

Its awesome! By the way is it 12 cup of condensed mill or 1/2 cup?

Srivalli April 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM  

Thanks Anu The hyphen got misplaced, updated..:)

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM  

sinfully delicious.. all the ingredients are my fav - condensed milk, mtr badam mix - so yummy!!! delicious...
Sowmya
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Rajani S April 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM  

This looks great! Almonds in ice cream is kind of a new flavor for me (anything other than vanilla and chocolate is!!). That too made with condensed milk ...its making my mouth water!!

Pavani N April 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM  

Absolutely amazing Valli. Why didn't I think of adding MTR badam mix to make ice cream?? Will be trying this flavor too soon.. Thanks for the idea.

Nalini's Kitchen April 27, 2013 at 7:18 AM  

The ice cream looks fabulous and delicious...

Manju April 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM  

Interesting one, is the badam mix store bought one.

veena krishnakumar May 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM  

I do not know about the original recipe but i like this. Off to nilgiris to get the badam mix:-)

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM  

That looks drool worthy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP