Aam Panna | How to make Aam Ka Panna | Raw Mango Juice

>>  Monday, April 22, 2013

The first time I made Aam Panna was for a crown of 100 and I was making it for the first time! The simple trust my colleagues had on me that I would surely know how to make, was quite enough to make it without hesitation. I wasn't sure if I had actually given proper attention to the recipe whenever it was that I read it, but I knew what goes in and got all the ingredients scaled up. 

We had bought six kgs of raw mango, the best the city had to offer as they were really so plump and green! In the end, we felt five kgs should have been sufficed. And for a crowd that was also tasting it for the first time, it was a different experience. While folks from North went on to their third glass, down south folks came up to me and said I should have chosen ripe mangoes. I said then it wouldn't be called Aam Panna. 

Anyway, Panna was so delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of making this for such large quantity. 

Since we were making a large amount, I roasted the cumin separately and powdered it. The mint leaves  were ground with pepper and salt. We adjusted after adding each one directly 

How to make Aam Ka Panna

Ingredients Needed

Raw Mangoes, green and unripe - 2 large sized
Sugar - 3/4 cup or increase if needed
Crushed ice

To be ground together

Kala Namka / Black Salt as per taste
Roasted Cumin powder - 1 & 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 tightly packed cup

How to make Aam Panna

Boil the two large raw mangoes in a pressure cooker. Cook for 3 whistles or 10 minutes. Let them cool.

Peel the skin and collect the flesh/pulp from the mangoes. Once cool, pulse it couple of times to get a smooth paste

Powder sugar to fine.

For the masala powder, grind together roasted cumin powder, pepper powder, kala namak and mint leaves in a mixer to a smooth paste.

Transfer the mango pulp to a bowl, add the ground masala powder to the pulp along with powdered sugar. Adjust the water according to taste.

Stir well. Add crushed ice and garnish with some fresh mint leaves.

Enjoy a glass of refreshingly cool Aam Panna and you will be hooked!

Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27


Corporate to Kitchen April 22, 2013 at 7:34 AM  

waw! The first time to make for such a huge crowd is really daring. The juice looks very refreshing & I had this recently at my friends place. I wondered how they made it. Now your recipe makes it easier to try.

Sunanda April 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM  

Aam panna is Always a perferct soothing drink in this hot summer days.. nice stepwise presentation..

Sunandas Kitchen

Shruti Dhingra Wahi April 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM  

Refreshing and yummy !!!

Arthy Suman April 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM  

mango every where, i bought some today...will try this

Archana Potdar April 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM  

How I wish I was in your Office Valli. I would never have to carry my tiffin. :)

Pallavi Purani April 22, 2013 at 2:27 PM  

Hand blenders are such a blessings at time like this :) I need to make a batch of my own of Aam Panna. Love the recipe

Priya Suresh April 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM  

Omg, wat a fantastic drink, every summer i'll make them and we just love drinking this thirsty quencher very much.

vaishali sabnani April 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM  

To make for so many people is a task..and it surely is a treat for the North Indians...I myself love it and can have many glasses, if only there was no sugar...made it two days back and everyone relished surely looks very good.

Suchi Sm April 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM  

Fabulous refreshing drink....

Savitha Ganesan April 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM  

never tasted this drink.have to try ,when time permits.looks inviting.

Nivedhanams Sowmya April 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM  

very refreshing with so many tasstes in it!!! so perfect for the scotching hot summer!!!
Event - Bake Fest
Event - Celebrate - Summer

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi April 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM  

Yup this is definitely a crowd pleaser! My MIL also makes with the same ingredients!

Rajani S April 25, 2013 at 3:06 PM  

I like the reaction you got from the South guys. I can imagine my dad telling the same if he had tasted it :-)))

Hats off to you for cooking for such a big crowd. The drink looks soothing and cooling!

Pavani N April 27, 2013 at 7:11 AM  

Cooking for a crowd definitely needs talent Valli.. I seem to forget my math as soon as the guest list increases to more than 8 :-)
Aam ka panna looks yummy.

Manju April 28, 2013 at 4:00 AM  

Such good one for summer.

veena krishnakumar May 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM  

Perfect for this scorching summer and cooking for that kind of a crowd...awesome

Suma Gandlur May 7, 2013 at 1:10 AM  

Wow that must be some juice making. :)Looks flavorful.
Somehow to this day, I haven't tasted aam panna.

Taskeen Memon May 28, 2016 at 12:30 AM  

We hve to put dis ground masala den we hve to bhuno it on flame or we hve to add like dis nd whisk itwirh a whisker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP