Burger Bun Tikki Chaat | Bun Tikki Chat Recipe

>>  Monday, March 18, 2013

Pin It


For the second day for the Street Food, I had another twist of the same things and presented in a different form. I got Pav buns, Burger Buns, in hope of making something else. I also made sure I made lot of Meetha Chutney, Mint Coriander Chutney to last me for couple of dishes. I remembered on time to soak the kabuli channa in the morning, knowing full well that I wanted to add the channa to the chat that I was planning.

I really wonder how one ends up doing something so entirely from what originally was planned. I wanted to make Potato chat, some papadi chat etc. I ended up making chats with pav buns and burger buns. As I said you can simply customise your chats however way you want. And still know what you make, still gets so appreciated. Better than the Aloo Tikki Chat, this burger bun Tikki Chat so much. 

I resisted the urge to add cheese to it, keeping it purely with the indian add ons that make up a chat. I decided what mattered in the end is the fact that food disappeared fast and infact wanted to be repeated again. The next day when I made something else, though was loved, fell short when compared with this.




Sending this to Preeti, who is hosting Kid's Delight Event, themed on Street Food.






Burger Bun Tikki Chat

Aloo tikkis - 4
Burger Buns - 4
Meetha chutney as required
Mint coriander chutney as required
Sev
Spiced Channa - 4 tbsp
Kala Namak for garnish
Chaat Masala for sprinkling
Coriander leaves
Onions, finely chopped

Spiced Kabuli Channa

Wash and Soak Channa for 6 - 7 hrs or overnight. Pressure cook till soft. In a non stick pan, saute oil, add boiled channas, salt and chili flakes. Saute till it's coated all over and done. Keep it aside.


How to assemble the Burger Bun Tikki Chat

Slice the burger buns through the middle and toast over hot pan, grease with butter.

Transfer to a plate, on one half spread the green chutney, on the other slice spread the meetha chutney.

On the bottom slice, place the tikki, add the spiced channa, sprinkle onions, coriander leaves, kala namak, chat masala, sev, press hard on with both slices.

Your Burger Bun Tikki Chat is ready to be served!




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 26


19 comments :

Shweta March 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM  

This is so amazing. Do visit my blog and follow me @ www.merrytummy.blogspot.com

divya March 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM  

This looks so so yummy! Love the clicks :)

Priya R March 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM  

Lovely chaat :) great snack recipe

Hari Chandana March 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM  

Looks very temping and awesome.. thanks for sharing.. Love it :)

Priya Suresh March 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM  

Omg,bun tikki chaat.. Srivalli this is not fair at all,dont tempt me like this dear, am hungry now.

Leena Chandrashekar March 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM  

Mmmm mouthwatering...love it...drooling here...

sushma March 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM  

Wow such a interesting dish, street foods are always soo tempting. Good one

Manju March 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM  

Oh interesting, we can take this as meal, healthy too.

Chef Mireille March 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM  

love this Indian style burger

Kalyani March 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM  

I love Channa/ Chole. I love tikkis. and I love burgers too ! All 3 have been combined here.. wow !

cookcookandcook March 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM  

Superb presentation.. The chutney must have made it nice and tangy..

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi March 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM  

Indian style Burger!!Good one.

Nivedhanams Sowmya March 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM  

really delicious... another great street food!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
Ongoing Event + Giveaway - Italian Dishes

Nalini's Kitchen March 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM  

Wow!!!Valli this sounds very interesting...Chaat version of Indian Burger...will try it next time this way..

Suma Gandlur March 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM  

Love the Indian touch there. :)

Pavani March 21, 2013 at 2:49 AM  

Yum!! That is one sandwich I would never ever say no to, looks amazing.

Preeti Garg March 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM  

Wow.. Look yum and tasty
Thanks for linking with my events

Rajani S March 23, 2013 at 9:48 PM  

I am sure a cheese slice would have enhanced the taste a whole lot more!! Love this!

veena krishnakumar March 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM  

Lovely presentation Valii...burger looks too inviting...when are you making this again?/??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP