Aloo Tikki Chat | Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe

>>  Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pin It

Street food has always been my favorite food. When Preeti wanted to do Street Food for Kid's Delight, I was only so glad. I can again indulge in my favorite food. I was waiting for the weekend to come so that I can make these. I had selected something else and finally ended up doing something else. From Potato Chat to Aloo Tikki Chat. Well you may ask what's difference  only here you end up making the tikkis and then a chat with it. 

One big thing you can experiment in chats is the fact that you can make it and twist it as you like. Though my boys are yet to start liking these sort of dishes, Konda loves and I surely have a person who never says no for Chats. So I wanted to make sure I make it for her evening snacks. 

Sending this to Preeti, who is hosting Kid's Delight Event, themed on Street Food.

Aloo Tikki Chat

Ingredients Needed:

For the Aloo Tikki

Potato - 3 medium
Bread Slices - 5 no
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Green chili, finely chopped - 2 medium
Coriander leaves, chopped - 2 tbsp
Chat Masala - 1 -2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - as required for deep frying.

For outer coating

Bread crumbs as required
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

How to make Aloo Tikki

Wash and make marks on the potatoes, microwave for 7 - 8 mins. Soak in water and peel the skin. Mash well using a fork.

Then trim the sides of the bread, soak in water and squeeze away immediately.

In a bowl, take the mashed potatoes, bread, finely chopped chilies, cumin powder, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. Pinch into small balls, flatten them into small discs.

In a bowl, mix the corn flour with water and salt. Coat the patties in corn flour mix all over and then coat with bread crumbs.

Heat oil for deep fry. Gently drop the tikkis and fry on all sides.

Notes:

Once you make the tikkis, freeze them so that they hold their shape. And also you can fry using oil just enough to cover the tikkis.
For the other ingredients needed for the Chaat

Green chutney
Meetha Chutney
Sev
Kala Namak
Chaat Masala
Finely chopped onions
Chopped Coriander leaves

How to assemble the Aloo Tikki Chaat

In the serving plate, place the aloo tikkis, pour a teaspoon of green chutney, meetha chutney, Sprinkle kala namak, chaat masala, onions, next sprinkle the coriander leaves, finally with Sev.


For other Aloo Tikki Recipe
Aloo Matar Tikki

Other Chat Recipes

Needless to say this was so yum!


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 26


29 comments :

Kalyani March 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM  

a street food fav ! what a coincidence Valli - just made this last week with Choley :-) I loved ur plating too...

Suma Gandlur March 17, 2013 at 10:04 PM  

Yummy. One of my favorite chats too. :)

Padmajha PJ March 17, 2013 at 10:07 PM  

Lil Angel loves chaat and I prepare non spicy version for her. Its always nice to have takers for our experiments:).
And this chaat is something I must try...

veena krishnakumar March 17, 2013 at 10:11 PM  

Like konda , vibha also loves chats:-)...this is so yumm yumm

Priya Suresh March 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM  

Love chaat foods very much, very irresistible aloo tikki chaat.

Foodiliciousnan March 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM  

Aloo tikki.chhat is my all time fav along with pani puri and sev puri. I miss Delhi chaat souch :( but yes, you're right. The best thing.about chat is that you can customise to your taste buds. Chat looks super Valli. I'm going to invite myself over soon :)

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi March 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM  

One of our family favorites!

Arthy Suman March 18, 2013 at 4:51 AM  

Lovely chat...love lots of onions in it...

Chef Mireille March 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM  

looks so appetizing...wish I could try one right now!

Prathima Rao March 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM  

Simply mouthwatering!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Nivedhanams Sowmya March 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM  

Irresistible chat.... love them with piping hot chai!!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - HITS - Diabetic Friendly
Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy kids - Italian Dishes (w Giveaway)

PriyaVaasu March 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM  

Very appetizing chat.making me want some right now!!!

cookcookandcook March 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM  

The tikkis look really crispy and crunchy.. just want a bite of these..:)

Leena Chandrashekar March 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM  

Looks very tempting...

divya March 18, 2013 at 6:36 PM  

looks mouthwatering...just delicious!

vaishali sabnani March 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM  

wow!..as yet when I am Delhi my first trip is to the chaat wala..and I am famous for eating tikkis!..like the crunchy sev on top!

Preeti Garg March 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM  

Wow.. No one say No to this
completely delicious.
Thanks for participation

sushma March 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM  

Valli, wow such a delicious and mouthwatering dish.

Saras March 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM  

Perfectly done..yummy snack..give me one please...

Manju March 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM  

Looks awesome. Haven't tasted this before.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan March 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM  

Aloo chaat is my all time favorite street food. this post brings back so many childhood memories of waiting in the streets to get this and hearing the noise that the chaat wala makes with his karandi!

Nalini's Kitchen March 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM  

Tempting and mouthwatering aloo tikki chaat,my kiddo also loves this one...

Gayathri Kumar March 20, 2013 at 11:48 AM  

Aloo tikki is my fav and making a chaat out of it sounds delicious...

Nisha Sundar March 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM  

Nice presentation Valli. Am sure this is the fav one for many including myself!!

Pavani March 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM  

Those aloo tikkis look awesome.. So flavorful and delicious.

Rajani S March 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM  

Mouth watering, Valli..really! And I guess the boys are just too young to enjoy these. In a couple of years, they will be asking you to make these all the time :)

priyanka singh June 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM  

My litl daughter Pihu she love aalo tikki chhat thnx

Gujarati recipes June 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM  

It is my hubby's favorite dish.
mouth watering chat.

Shruti J November 27, 2013 at 4:33 AM  

Lovely!!! I can have this plate anytime of the day... :)

Send your entries to an event with a giveaway @ cookingwithsj.com/pizza-zone/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP