badge


Chocolate Toffee | How to make Toffee with Chocolate

>>  Monday, February 18, 2013

For the second day I decided to do some toffees, the kind that makes you never to want to stop! Well this is something to be packed and sent right, guess it will never stand the test of time in being packed. I almost gobbled up most that I could. I must warn this is sort of melting and not sure if it will be solid when exposed to hot temperature.

However these toffees are excellent to pack and send your kids, trust me! I had a big chunk myself. Today has been a day of sorts! Some unexpected things and some unwanted things as well. Then I happened to read some beautiful words from a dear friend, which were soothing. Words such as those are best experienced. 

Anyway coming back to the toffees on hand, I used the silicone moulds I recently got and I enjoyed making in them. Kids were eager for me to use all of them. However I made only just enough for two and I am sure I am going to be making it again. Also as always I goofed up with the ingredients. I was supposed to add just the chocolate chips but thought I was being very smart when I added some dark chocolate. Imagine biting into bitter unsweetened dark chocolate, yea I told whoever got the worse bite, that dark chocolate was healthy.

The fact is, you got to bite both the sugar and chocolate together, it's not rocket science still got to be told I guess.

Sending this to my Kid's Delight event, hosted by Kamalika themed on Back to Hostel Food.












Ingredients Needed:

Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 1 cup
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup (I used a mix of chocolate chips, chunks, dark chocolate and it was surely more than 1/2 cup)

How to make the toffee

In a thick bottom pan, melt the sugar and butter together. Melt the chocolate in mw for 30 - 1 min, taking care that you don't burn it. Stir it well so that you do proper tempering and it's cooled down.

Now the sugar and butter is getting cooked, keep stirring and make sure you get a thick syrup. The ladle you use when you lift it out, the syrup should coat it. It takes about 8 - 10 mins

Use a silicone mold for best results as you can simply remove it much easily. Pour the sugar syrup and let it cool down completely. Pour the melted chocolate over the sugar syrup. And cool.

Once it sets, you can chop into smaller pieces.

Notes:

You can use smaller molds and it will be much easier to handle.

Since I used dark chocolate, it was bitter but with just chocolate chip, it will be really delicious.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 25


19 comments :

Priya February 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM  

Omg, thos homemade toffees are extremely cute and attractive, definitely a kid's favourite.

Uma February 19, 2013 at 1:25 AM  

Hey Srivalli!
loved the butterfly shape.. am sure my niece will love it.. thanks for sharing!

Suja Manoj February 19, 2013 at 3:36 AM  

Love the step by step pics,looks superb

Suma Gandlur February 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM  

The ones in the first image are very pretty, Valli.

Nivedhanams Sowmya February 19, 2013 at 10:16 AM  

Every kid's favorite!!! thanks for sharing them!!!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic
Ongoing Event - What is with my Cuppa

Manju February 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM  

Lovely toffee line the shapes too

Rafeeda A. Raheem February 19, 2013 at 11:14 AM  

that look really cute... the kids will love it...
http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com

Arthy Suman February 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM  

yummy and tasty toffees...love it

Princy Vinoth February 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM  

these look super cute.

Rajani S February 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM  

Thanks to you, I too have those moulds :)

The butterfly toffee looks really cute, the impressions have come out very nicely!

Nalini's Kitchen February 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM  

Wow!!!those toffees look damn cute,loved the butterfly shaped one...

Pavani February 20, 2013 at 2:10 AM  

Homemade toffee look absolutely delicious. That last click is soooo tempting..

Chef Mireille February 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM  

i am sure I've had toffee sometime in my life but I can't remember what it tastes like or what the texture is supposed to be - regardless they look so adorable

Padmajha PJ February 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM  

A friend in need is a friend indeed is what I thought reading your post :)
The toffees are so cute,. I am sure I will be gobbling up more than my lil one.Loved the butterfly :)

rekhas kitchen February 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM  

Now these must be a super hit among the kids I think That butterfly one looks so cute.

Sandhya Ramakrishnan February 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM  

Valli, these cute little things are nothing but sheer indulgence. OMG, I really want to make them, but scared that i would be the one to finish it before my kids. Like you said, i would use just the chocolate chips :)

Foodiliciousnan February 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM  

They look sooooo pretty Valli. And I'm waiting to try this out with the butterfly mould itself and shamelessly binge on the entire thing! I'm glad i don't have to pack anything for a hostel-goer yet!!!

Pinksocks February 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM  

you make it look really simple. :)

DivyaGCP February 22, 2013 at 5:37 AM  

Love the cute shape of these toffees.. Am sure my daughter will love this.. Looks so yummy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP