Rava Pakoda | Onion Potato Rava Pakodi

>>  Monday, November 19, 2012

Pin It

For the final day in the Pakoda Masti, I had some Rava Pakodas in mind. These are basically made with grated potatoes and onions. And with Rava as the base. Yes Rava might make it little hard, however soaking it in water for a longer time takes care of it. Infact it does make the pakoda more crispy if you got the right proportion.

Given more time I might have tried some more Pakoda recipes, seeing I have so many saved up. However with due respect to not deep frying so much, which might go straight to my waistline, I decided three days were enough. I fried them just now and somehow the lighting was not enough. That's the sole reason for the pictures being so offbeat. But then the pakodas were devoured by the time I transferred the pictures. Guess you got to live with these, until I take courage to have some more deep fried love with these.


Step by Step pictures










Rava Pakodas 

Ingredients Needed

Rava - 1 cup
Besan / Chickpea -     1/2 cup
Onions - 1 medium, grated
Potatoes - 1 medium, grated
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

How to make the pakodas

Dry roast rava in a pan until golden brown. Once cooled, remove and soak in water for an hour. Drain and keep it ready

Heat oil in a deep pan till it becomes hot for frying.

Peel and grate the potatoes and onions. Take it in a bowl. Add all the ingredients and mix well.

Using a spoon add small batter to the hot oil. Cook on both sides. Drain on a kitchen towel.

Fry until golden brown serve hot with green chutney, or chutney of your choice.

Notes:


I used a big grater, so the onions and potatoes were really thicker slices.
You don't really have to add water as the water in aloo and onions is just enough
Soaking for more time is fine as it will make the pakodas soft and crispy and not hard.
You can add garlic or ginger, coriander leaves and curry leaves as well.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 22


16 comments :

Lubna Karim November 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM  

Never tried pakoda this way.....looks crisp and yum....

Sangeetha Priya November 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM  

Delicious n Crispy Pakodas!!!

Sonia November 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM  

This pakora platter is looking great ! I will try it soon. Thanks !

foodiliciousnan November 20, 2012 at 1:51 AM  

My Mom makes rava pakodi with onions alone. I've never tried making them though. The potato must be wonderful in this one i suppose. Looks good Valli!

divya November 20, 2012 at 2:24 AM  

yummy...

Priya November 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM  

Crunchy munchy pakodas,rava and onions quite an interesting and fantastic combination.

Suman Arthy November 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM  

I love potato pakoda...adding rava and onion is definitely a good combo....

Chef Mireille November 20, 2012 at 7:21 AM  

looks so nice and crispy

Jayashree November 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM  

I once tried making pakodas with goduma rava and they turned out well. Texturally, I am sure this must have been beautifully crisp.

kausers kitchen November 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM  

Hi srivalli, rava pakodas look delicious..I always make onion pakodas with besan but neva with rava wud luv to try this.

Have a lovely week ahead :)

http://kausers-kitchen.blogspot.in/2012/11/papdi-chaat.html

Manidipa Bhaumik November 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM  

The combination of onion & potato looks mouthwatering... as I love to use potato in almost every thing!

Use of rava with besan makes it crispier.

Visit my recipes @ Manidipa's Kitchen

Rajani S November 20, 2012 at 6:18 PM  

Onions, potatoes and a crunchy coating.. Wish I could have some now...Slurp...

Nivedhanams Sowmya November 21, 2012 at 12:53 AM  

this type of pakoda is new to me!!! lovely combination of onion and potato in pakoda!! so delicious!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour
Ongoing Event - Eggless Bakes and Treats

Pavani November 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM  

Wow.. Very interesting pakodas with rawa.. Looks delicious.

PJ November 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM  

I have heard mom mention about htis type of pakoda but never made these. Interesting to read that rawa has to be soaked before using!

rekhas kitchen November 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM  

I think rava makes this pakodas more crisp tempting snack....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP