Chocolate Walnut Fudge | How to make Chocolate Walnut Fudge | Easy Diwali Sweets

>>  Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pin It

For the second day of Diwali Special dishes, I wanted to make this fudge that can be made ahead and gifted as well. It can stay for a week, of course with kids around there is hardly a chance for you to keep it that long. Since I decided to make Deepavali sweets and savories for over the next three weeks, I thought making this first would get my kids interested. Well both konda and Peddu loved it, while Chinnu refused to eat because of nuts in it. He likes nutless chocolate treats. I am not sure how to convince him otherwise, anyway others were happy that they get to enjoy this fudge.

This is your regular fudge recipe, that calls for a ball consistency. Adding chopped walnut makes the nut so crispy, I forgot how it tastes. Since the Chocolate Souffle, the only dessert where I add walnut, is something I never have tasted as it has gelatin, I never knew it becomes so crispy. Anyway I enjoyed the treat so much. There is hardly anything more left..:)

Planning for Diwali is really something so exciting as I get to refresh and browse all my cookbooks again. As usual, I have got all of them down and spend time reading through them. I have selected some, while I need to shop for some. I hope to make another round of ten new special dishes. Let's see how I manage them.

The chocolate fudge was able to retain it's shape in room temperature, while for clicking I took it out. It was quite hot and it started melting. How really cares, every was popped right in and kids had that delighted grin on their faces. Gosh how chocolate can induce that one can never understand!











Walnut Fudge


Ingredients Needed

Condensed Milk - 400 gms
Cocoa Powder - 2 tbsp
Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp
Chopped Walnuts - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence few drops
Greased non stick pan to set the fudge

How to make the Walnut Fudge

In a thick bottom pan, take the condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and butter, mix well.

Chop the walnuts roughly and keep it aside.

Place the pan over high heat, keep stirring all the time.

Cook till you get a soft ball consistency. You can check this by dropping a blob in a cup of cold water, it would set and spread.

Take it off the heat and mix in the walnuts.

Transfer immediately on to the greased plate, smooth it with a greased knife and leave to set. Cut into desired sized pieces when cool.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 22


15 comments :

Gajus kitchen November 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM  

Yummy fudge with simple ingredients.Do you suggest to refrigerate the fudge for quick setting?

Priya November 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM  

Love walnuts in anything,if its in fudge needless to say how i'll love it.Super tempting.

Srivalli November 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM  

Yes Gayathri, I refrigerated it for a quick setting.

Jayanthi November 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM  

Tempting recipe and my kids love fudge and as you've rightly said who cares about the shape...they taste wonderful.

Kitchen Queen November 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM  

Lovely fudge.
http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com

WeR SAHM November 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM  

Looks so so tempting... I would love chocolate in any form???

Chef Mireille November 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

looks so moist and delicious

sushma November 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM  

Walnut fudge looks yummy....

Nivedhanams Sowmya November 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

chocolate and walnut are a great combo!!!! love the idea of fudge!!
Sowmya
Ongoing Event - CWF - Whole Wheat Flour

Vandana Rajesh November 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Delicious recipe Srivalli, chocolate with walnuts is always a winning combo. A nice addition to the diwali recipes.

The Pumpkin Farm November 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM  

I am planning a fudge recipe as well for diwali but mostly contemplating on pistachios , but u r so right, out chocolate in it and everything tastes good :), glad to see the step by step thing evolve

~Nilu~ November 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM  

Thank you for this easy recipe! I would love to try it out. Is there a temp where you get a soft ball consistency? How much time does it take to get to that point? If its not the right temperature, then when you drop the chocolate mixture into the water, what happens (instead of set and spread)? Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to get it right! :-)

Pavani November 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM  

Another delicious chocolate treat.. Love the addition of walnuts.

Rajani S November 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM  

This looks nice, but sorry, the pista rolls win the prize :)

preeti garg November 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM  

Again chocolate.... No
Please send me full plate... It's my weaknesssssssssss

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP