Gujarati Moong Dal Dhokla

>>  Thursday, October 4, 2012

For the second day with Cooking with Moong dal, I made these Gujarati Moong Dal Dhokla that turned out so soft and delicious. This makes a great evening snack. And becomes a great evening snack. I am in a hurry and can't think much beyond what I need to write. 

It's last few days of vacation for Kids and with the chocolates dishes that I made for them, they were very happy. Konda liked this Dhokla and I wished my boys ate this too. Maybe it will take some more time for them!

Gujarati Moong Dal Dhokla

Split Yellow Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Green chilies  4-5
Eno Fruit Salt - 1/2 tsp

How to make Moong Dal Dhokla

Wask and Soak the moong dal for 2 hours. Drain and grind to a smooth paste along with green chilies.

Add the fruit salt just before steaming. Transfer the batter to a microwave safe bowl.

In a microwave steamer, steam the dhokla for 3 minutes.

Once done, temper with mustard, curry leaves

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 21


Priya October 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM  

Nutritious and quite an inviting dhokla, loving it.

divya October 4, 2012 at 5:24 AM  

yummy n delicious...

Saraswathi Tharagaram October 4, 2012 at 6:07 AM  

You wont believe me.. I tried at once when I saw this dhokla in your space..Came out very well and my kids loved it.. Thanks for the recipe dear..

Ezcookbook October 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM  

so nice and healthy dhokla with moong dhal...

Inviting to join Ongoing Events
Let's Party - Prasadam Special
Taste Of Tropics - Authentic Indian Platter

Nivedhanams Sowmya October 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM  

that is so yummy!!! i have heard about channa dal dhoklas - interesting to know this version!!
Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals
Ongoing Event + Giveaway - CEDD – HONEY

The Pumpkin Farm October 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

I have never tried to make moong dal halwa on my own, but tasted it in form of mini idlis.they are definitely lighter and easy ti digest than the regular one...good that your daughter liked it :) they look very tempting

thoushaltcook October 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM  

Slurrpp :) Yum. Reminds of my mother in law's kitchen. She churns out the most awesome dhoklas

Rujuta October 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM  


Lovely & healthly variation to the usual dhokla.. I would def try it out

PriyaVaasu October 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM  

Love that Green color Valli!!!

vaishali sabnani October 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM  

they are really delicious..but Valli next time you must add ginger garlic paste to this, also while tempering add sesame seeds..and lots of chopped coriander..n trust me you will thank me for this.hope u dont mind:))

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj October 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM  

very nice dhokla dear...
Today's Recipe - Mixed Vegetable Kurma
Join in my first event - FEAST FOR YOUR GURU

Nisha October 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM  

Never used moong dal for dokhla, must rey for me.

Jayanthi October 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM  

You are reminding me again and again that I need to make peace with dhokla and try them again....will do it soon. Nice one Valli!!!

foodiliciousnan October 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM  

After the besan powder version, this ground batter version. Cool dhokla bites!

Gayathri Kumar October 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM  

Very interesting dokhlas. I have prepared them with besan but haven't attempted with moong dhal.

Gayathri Kumar October 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM  

Very interesting dokhlas. I have prepared them with besan but haven't attempted with moong dhal.

PJ October 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM  

Never tried this version.Looks cute :)

Suma Gandlur October 13, 2012 at 4:19 AM  

Yummy ones. Do they come out fluffy as the regular version?

Srivalli Jetti October 13, 2012 at 7:25 AM  

Suma I actually felt these were much softer and fluffy than those besan ones..:)

preeti garg October 17, 2012 at 11:51 PM  

Awesome, Great Recipe....

Ongoing Event & Giveaway
Visit @ My Blogs
Preeti's Kitchen Life
Preeti's Kitchen Menu

Anonymous October 16, 2014 at 8:23 PM  

Don't you put rice with the moong

Srivalli October 16, 2014 at 10:13 PM  

Anon No this is only with moong.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP