Potato Mint Sandwich | Aloo Pudina Sandwich

>>  Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It seriously didn't hit me until I was planning to write about this. I know you must be wondering how on earth I managed to come up with yet another potato dish and call it Low cal! Well for one thing, this sandwich is not that greasy and second Potato is still essential add on and considering the fact that more than potato, this had onions and mint. 

Well I could have called it by other names, but you know right, there is nothing like tagging something as Potato and getting attention. This is a dish that's straight out of my school days. Infact I realised that I have never talked about this dish and even while making this, I changed the recipe. However the memories were there, those mornings and evenings when Amma used to make this for a quick bite, when I used to ask her to make, not knowing exactly how to refer this dish.

There is like difficulty we all have. We can never name the dish we create ourselves by chance. And we forever keep referring to by some signs and incidents. Anyway I don't have the whole night. Yes off late I have resorted to doing it very late, so late that it could well be next day.

Now for this simple and quick sandwich.

Potato Mint Sandwich

Ingredients Needed:

Potato - 1 medium
Onions, finely chopped - 1 medium
Mint leaves - handful
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Kitchen King Masala - 1/2 tsp
Green Chili paste - 1/2 tsp

Bread - 4 slices

How to make the sandwich

Microwave the potato for 5 mins. Remove the peel.

In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add the onion julienne, saute well. Then add green chili paste and saute well.

Next add the mint leaves, masala and combine everything well. Saute till the masala is dry.

In a tawa, toast the bread slices, spread the masala over one slice and press the other one tightly.

Serve hot.


I remember Amma adding chili powder, along with mint. Kitchen King Masala gives a very different taste all together.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 20


preeti garg September 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM  

Lovely combo of mint plus potato as filling in sandwich

Lubna Karim September 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM  

My kinda sandwich.....looks yum....

Priya September 26, 2012 at 12:36 AM  

Sandwich with potatoes never go wrong, simply loving it.

Meg's Delicious Adventures September 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM  

quick and yummy snack.
- Meg's Delicious Adventures

foodiliciousnan September 26, 2012 at 2:55 AM  

Late nights and odd hours...thst is so me! My mother too used to make a similar sandwich. Except that she added everything raw and made it in the sandwich maker. Anything with potato is a hit anyway, isn't it?

Chef Mireille September 26, 2012 at 4:38 AM  

yummy sandwich

Saraswathi Tharagaram September 26, 2012 at 5:06 AM  

Super sandwich. Delicious and filling..

divya September 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM  

looks yummy...

Nivedhanams Sowmya September 26, 2012 at 7:13 AM  

That is a nice snack, a nice lunchbox recipe and a great breakfast!!!


Ongoing Event - Coconut

Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals

The Pumpkin Farm September 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM  

this is always a preferred combo for sandwich with me...although i make elaborate stuffings, i personally would like to have this sandwich any little averse to potatoes these days, as am watching weight, but dont mind once in a while

Nisha September 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

Nice sandwich

Rajani S September 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM  

Potato & mint is a new combination for me :D, will try this for sure sometime!

Jayanthi September 28, 2012 at 6:34 AM  

Lovely combination of potato and mint. I usually do potato-coriander in a similar sandwich. Super...

vaishali sabnani September 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM  

My everyday breakfast is a sandwich toast...n this one is going to be tom morning's breakfast.

Archana Potdar September 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

looks just great. I want some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by 2008

Back to TOP