Stuffed Carrot Paratha with Aloo Subji

When I was thinking about the third dish for the 30 mins meal mela, I remembered this recipe that I had long bookmarked. It was supposed to be for picnic food ideas and I couldn't do this theme when I had it earlier. So I thought I might as well do it now. The fact that it suited this theme was such a great coincidence.

I have never thought of stuffing this way as I can do the regular stuffing very well. So when I was telling my colleague that I made this way, she was surprised and asked if this was the way I normally do. I said it is not, but this recipe was supposed to be made this way and I wasn't about to change the method and lose the fun. If you must ask me, I was missing the fun part that comes when you actually stuff something inside a paratha and roll it out. There is no excitement about layering one roti over the other. But I guess it works out great for those who find it tough to roll out.
Anyway we had a great dinner. I wanted to make it very colourful and I was so happy seeing the pictures. As I write this, we will be away on vacation. It completely missed my thoughts that we will be travelling during this weekend. So all the posts are scheduled. Will be back to check on things

Sending this to my 30 Minutes Meal Mela

 Step by Step Pictures for Making the Carrot stuffing



 Making Aloo Subji






 For the parathas







Thought I will show you how all the three dishes were done at the same time!

Carrot Stuffed Paratha with Aloo Sabji

For the Carrot Stuffed paratha

For the paratha

Wheat flour - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
water to knead the dough

For the carrot filling

Carrot, grated - 1 cup
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Calt to taste
Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric a pinch
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp

How to make the paratha

Take the flour in a wide bowl, add ajwain, salt and water to the flour and knead to a soft dough. Keep it aside.

To make the filling

Heat the oil in a non stick pan, saute the whole cumins, then add the carrot and saute well. Add the other spices and mix everything well.

Simmer for couple of minutes and keep it aside.

How to make the stuffed paratha

Divide the dough into equal balls. Dust and roll out into discs. Roll out two parathas. On top of one paratha, spread the filling and cover the other paratha over the top and seal well.

Heat a tawa and cook the parath with oil on all sides.

Aloo Sabji

Ingredients Needed:

Potato / Aloo - 3 medium
Salt to taste
Green Chilies - 2
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin whole - 1/4 tsp

How to make the aloo

Wash and slash the potatoes. Mw for 6 mins. soak in water and peel.

In a pan, add add, cumin seeds, when they splutter, add the cubed aloo along with all the spices. simmer with lid covered and cook for 5 - 7 mins

Serve it with Carrot stuffed parathas.

Notes:


The aloo is supposed to be served very dry as this is a picnic pack. However you can add water and make it little liquid if you want it to be.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 19

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,