Chocolate Fudge Lava Cake | Eggless Chocolate Fudge Lava Muffins ~ Step by Step

Peddu has been after me for a long for a long time to make some cake. Every other time he would open the fridge and remove the butter box that has muffins over the cover. I would then cojole him and convince him that it's for another time. Somehow I haven't been in the mood to bake any cake or cookie. Of course I looked up so many cookies to be baked, yet couldn't find my mojo. 

Finally yesterday he was very insistent and wouldn't let me off. I decided it was time for some cake. I checked up my baking chocolate and saw that they are almost nearing their shelf life. So decided to bake some lava cake. Naturally a huge one was out of question. I have two size of cupcake molds and one was quite big, so opted to make the mini muffins as it's much better for individual serving.

I had those baking chocolate squares in each of them and they melted away so well. These are called fudge as the batter is very fudgy with so much of chocolate

Chocolate Fudge Lava Cake
Step by Step Pictures










Chocolate Fudge Lava Cake

Makes - 24 mini muffins

Cake flour - 1 & 1/2 cup
Cooking chocolate - 2 slabs
Drinking chocolate - 1/4 cup
Icing sugar - 1/2 cup
Milk powder - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Milk as required (2 tbsp)

Baking chocolate - as required ( I used about 24 of them)

How to make the cake

Melt the butter in microwave for a minute. Chop the chocolate slabs into smaller pieces and melt for 30 secs.

In a bowl, shift the flours together with sugar and milk powder. Into the butter, slowly add the flour and blend well.

Add milk slowly to get a dropping consistency. Line the muffin tray with liners, drop in batter to 3/4 of the liners, place a chocolate slab and cover over the top.

Pre the oven at 185 deg C and bake for 15 mins.

Chocolate Fudge Lava Muffin
Chocolate Fudge Lava Muffin
I served these hot from oven, oozing with melted chocolate inside.

Sending this to Pradnya who is hosting my Kid's Delight, themed on Warm foods to beat the rain!

Labels: , , , , , ,