Saffron Rice | Saffron Pulao ~ Step by Step


We are starting the second week of Blogging Marathon # 17. I don't know about others, but I was missing the pressure of making and posting 7 different posts. Three sounds so simple and the days fly before I could even settled! I am yet to get the feedback from the group, if they are fine with this, I guess I am ok.

Coming to this week's theme, I selected to do Cooking with Flower - Pick one and make many. I thought Saffron would be the most apt choice, given that I am hardly adventeous. Though we do use saffron in our cooking, it's mostly added very sparingly. When I decided on this theme, I thought I must use little bit more and enjoy the taste.

I had already made Saffron Rice in Microwave for the Microwave Rice edition. However today's recipe uses more spices and dum cooked for a different effect.
Saffron Rice
Saffron Rice






Saffron Rice | Saffron Pulao


Soaking Time for Rice : 15- 20 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins

Ingredients

Basmati Rice - 2 cup
Water - 2 & 1/2 cups
Warm Milk - 1/2 cup
Saffron threads - 10 strands (Big pinch)
Butter - 2 tsp
Bay leaf - 3 big pieces
Dagad Phool / Pathar Phool / Biryani Flower / Rathi puvvu /Black Stone Flower - 2
Nagkesar / Nagkeshar - 2
Star Anise
Clove - 4
Cinnamon - 2"
Cardamon - 3
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method to prepare

Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 - 20 mins.

Soak the saffron strands in warm milk.

Heat a non stick pan with butter, add all the whole spices, saute for couple of mins.

Drain the rice from water, add the rice to the pan, saute well. Cook for couple of mins.

Add the water and bring to boil. Simmer and cover with lid.

Cook for 10 mins, then place a tawa, and on it place the pan, add the saffron mixed milk.

Cover tightly and cook for 5 more mins.

Fluff well and switch off

Serve with gravy.
Saffron Pulao


I served this with Channa Masala, Methi Poori and the rest!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 17

Labels: , , , , , , ,