badge


Burgers with Ready to Cook Food ~ Cooking with Kids

>>  Sunday, June 24, 2012


We are starting the final week of BM # 17 today. As cliched it might sound, I still can't believe three weeks have already gone by. For the final week I had selected to make food with Ready to use stuffs. I don't normally go for ready to eat or ready to cook food stuff. However I still remember the first time we ever got introduced to Paneer and wonders of Paneer Butter Masala.

This happened almost couple of decades ago, when our markets were hit with this wonder concept of Ready to serve meals, with some ready to cook or ready to make. Whatever, the market was getting infested with Ready to consume products. Daddy, who normally never promotes such products, happened to think that a packet he saw of Paneer Makhani, was good. When we came back home and made it for dinner, all of us loved it. That was the first time we tasted Paneer. It was an instant hit with everybody at home. To our dismay that particular brand, Tasty Bites, that was selling this Paneer Makhani, went out of stock with this and we never got to taste it again. Tasty bites came back again, though they never got the same stuff again. 

Coming back to the concept, at times I do feel it reduces the pain and hassle one has to undergo when we opt for ready to use, be it frozen or masala powder for cooking. Things like French Fries, though I know I make a better french fries than the frozen ones, I know I save lot of time, energy when I just zip open couple of them for a quick bite. Having said that, this summer when my niece and nephew visited us, I was running short of time. Knowing they love the pizzas, burgers that I normally make from scratch for them, I decided to go the ready made way. I got in everything frozen, and assembled for them. They simply loved it. So I now resort to this quick fixes when there is a need. Of course I keep this to very occasional indulgence.

For today's post, it's cooking with Ready made food. It can be ready to serve, ready to cook (meaning partially cooked) ready to use masala powders.

This burger uses store bought burger buns, Eggless Mayonnaise sauce, Veg Patties aka Aloo Tikkies. All I did was simply assemble everything with extra cheese, onion, tomatoes etc for garnish. 




Step by Step Pictures:


I tried deep frying couple of the tikkis
Rest were pan fried.









This is as breeze as you can make. Best part of making this, is that it's such a great activity to get the kids involved. Whenever I make Pizzas or Burgers, I make sure I involve the kids in grating the cheese, spreading the mix etc. I know Konda keeps complaining that I don't let her do anything. Worse part is, she is not happy doing things like grating, passing the plates etc. She wants the frying, cooking part. I keep telling her that she can still enjoy the days eating the treat!

Disclaimer: This is not a paid post, all feedback and usage are my own.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 17


19 comments :

Priya June 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM  

Fantastic burger, love the way u used those tikkis for making burgers..

Sonia June 24, 2012 at 1:23 AM  

Sounds wonderful, shall try it soon !

vaishali sabnani June 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM  

hey wat a coincidence!..I am making these same burgers for tonights dinner!!..and these tikkis are really good...:)

Nirmala Gurunathan June 24, 2012 at 7:42 AM  

Looks mouth watering Vall!!!!.Feel like having one for the breakfast now....

Chef Mireille June 24, 2012 at 9:24 AM  

what can be easier than that!

PriyaVaasu June 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM  

Mccain has tikki's too!!! i have seen only their smiley's Fries. Burger looks Filling n yum!!!!

Vardhini June 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM  

Looks easy and tempting too.

Vardhini
Event: Kid's Delight

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi June 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM  

Good one. Even I usually have frozen veggie patties at home for a quick assembly of burgers!

Nalini's Kitchen June 25, 2012 at 4:55 AM  

Burger looks really good and feel like grabbing....

Kalyani June 25, 2012 at 6:24 AM  

yummy and easy snack for kids and adults alike :) totally delicious !


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Event : Healthy Diet - Sandwiches

Sangeetha June 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM  

Lovely burger, haven't tried this instant patties...sounds quick and easier dish!!
Spicy Treats

Jayanthi June 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM  

Love it totally. I know the ready made stuff does make life easier sometimes.

Gayathri Kumar June 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM  

Easy breezy burger looks nice...

DivyaGCP June 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM  

Simple and easy. Looks delicious.

Divya's Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN

PJ June 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM  

These readymade stuffs come in handy when we need a quick fix. Looks so tempting Srivalli

Prabha Mani June 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

Wonderful idea ., making burgers with instant patties!!Will make it soon.Easy one.

sushma June 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM  

Nice burger......looks tempting

The Pumpkin Farm June 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM  

thats so nice and easy, burgers are meant to be junk food and good for indulging once in a while...if we get some ready made options y not

Cool Lassi(e) June 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM  

Lovely bite-sized burgers! Eggless Mayo?? that is a new one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP