badge


Paneer Aloo Sheekh kebab | Paneer Potato Seekh Kabab | Step by Step Recipe

>>  Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday is always hectic and today was no different. Apart from the usual work, I also had to teach my boys as their exams are going to start. Sometimes I really wonder why small kids should be pressured so much. They must be left to enjoy their childhood, rather than wondering if nib is nib or bib..:)

Anyway for all I thought, I did manage to make them sit for a while and study. I also had a marriage reception to attend, then decided on making the remaining two kebabs. Finally sitting with the kids took over and I ended up making the kebabs also, than keeping up my appointment. Since Amma had a family function to attend, Dad spent the day with us. He happened to remind me and ask what plans for the next day. For the first time in my life I actually forgot about it and almost wished Daddy didn't remind me. 
It felt so strange, yet here I am writing this piece for keepers. For all I profess, I am a sucker for traditions and last minute sentiments. Though this post was supposed to be scheduled, I am writing it ahead as the whole house is calm and everybody asleep, just me and my thoughts. It's not everyday you become a year older. Hopefully I also become wiser and sensible!

Of course, I was also reminded that I missed out making my traditional previous nights stuffed parathas. Well for once I forgot my own day and my own traditions. I have been so busy with Kebabs on mind, if I can give that as an excuse, that I completely forgot lot of things. Now that I am actually sitting here, seeing that within few minutes, it's going to ring in the new day, thoughts that always comes to mind, flood in and I remember all  those days and feel happy. I miss my brother and being in parents home. I am sure he will call the first thing when he wakes up and I will get my customary peek on cheeks from Amma, nothing is more precious than these. And a friend who waits up to wish me just when the clock strikes!

Well on my own part, I have this treat right here. I love paneer and nothing beats these melt in the mouth Seekh Kebabs. 
Step by Step Picture Recipe





Paneer Aloo Sheekh kebab 

Ingredients Needed:

Paneer, grated - 3/4 cup
Potato, grated - 1/2 cup (1 medium)
Corn flour - 3 - 4 tsps
Katuri Methi - 2 pinches
Roasted Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder - 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Ghee / Oil for brushing
Skewers for grilling

How to make Paneer Aloo Sheek Kebab

Wash and grate the paneer, microwave the aloo for 6 mins, peel the skin and grate.

In a bowl, take all the ingredients and combine into a smooth dough. Make sure the dough sticks to the skewers when you bind around them.

Grease the rods with oil, take a ball of the dough and press well around the rods. Brush with ghee and grill on stove flame on all sides till it turns brown and smoky.

Alternatively you can bake in oven at 185 deg C for 15 - 20 mins or till done. Brush with ghee when you remove them

Serve with pudina chutney or sauce.


Sending these for my Kebab Mela




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13


20 comments :

Laavanya February 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM  

Happy Birthday! Those are delicious looking kababs indeed.

Rasi February 27, 2012 at 3:00 AM  

Wish u a very very happy birthday :).. & kebabs looks fab.. all u guys have amazing dedication to blogging !

Chef Mireille February 27, 2012 at 6:40 AM  

looks really good

Harini-Jaya Rupanagudi February 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM  

Wish you a very happy birthday and many many happy occasions to celebrate in life!
Love the kababs.

Vardhini February 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

Paneer and potato is a nice combo. Yummy kebabs.

Gayathri Kumar February 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Wish you a very happy B'Day. Kebabs look so inviting...

Hemavathi Murari February 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM  

Happy Birthday. lovely one.

Ongoing Event: MurariAnniversary-Giveaway-2012

vaishali sabnani February 27, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

grt kebabs there..n what a wonderful way to celebrate...once again..loads n loads of wishes.

Rujuta February 27, 2012 at 6:56 PM  

Dear Srivalli,
Wishing You A Very Very Happy Bday...
May you be blessed with Lots and Lots of Happiness and Good Health always...
The kebabs look so tempting... Paneer and aloo lovely....
Best Wishes

Preeti Garg February 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM  

Look fab... n yummy too

Archana February 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM  

Happy Birthday Valli.
Love the kababs.

Aarthi February 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM  

That looks delicious...

Aarthi
http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

Suma Gandlur February 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM  

Many many happy returns of the day, Valli. Hope you had a great one. :)
Lovely kebabs.

Archana Vivek February 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM  

looks really nice.All the kebabs's looks nice and interesting

Smitha February 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM  

i miss my gas stove! :( nice to have a open flame ready to make kababs! this is very tempting!

maha February 28, 2012 at 3:22 AM  

very flavourful and delicious kabas..........loved ur pics

maha

sangee vijay February 28, 2012 at 4:14 AM  

paneer n potato my fav combo, looks too good...well presented!!
Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights

Deepti February 29, 2012 at 2:29 AM  

Looks awesome!

PriyaVaasu February 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM  

Looks so yum!!!

rekhas kitchen March 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM  

yum yum yummy.....
Padma.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Very Good Recipes
You can find my recipes on Very Good Recipes

myTaste.in

Cooking 4 all Seasons

Cooking 4 all Seasons

  © Blogger template Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP